DR2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR2

Man, it's starting to look like a music store around here [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Got this one in yesterday evening as I was headed to work, along with a PC-3 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Deep Dark Metallic Red DR2 serial # 002744

Very clean with only minor clearcoat scratches and a small neck pocket finish crack. Weighs a ton!
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: DR2

Awesome!! I love DR2's. Nice score, congrats.
    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

great guitar!! I have exactly the same one

Comment

Sweet! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
        i really dig that fretboard with no inlays!

Comment

I swapped out the hardware for gold, then to black. Can't decide which I like best, but since I don't have a spare gold trem, black it is [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Newc, how do you like the Screamin' Demon in the bridge? I have one of the satin-finished ash DR2s, and the SD sounded like watery poop (really!) in there, so I replaced it with a Full Shred. Just curious if it'd be a good match in an alder or poplar body...whichever the solid-color DR2s are.
            sigpic

Comment

I haven't really "studied" the tone of it yet as compared to other pickups in other guitars, but it's not too bad. Once I get a few things behind me I'll sit down with it and really give it a test to see what I can and can't do.

Comment

nice...love the color congrats

Comment

Really great colour!!! Congrats! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, I'm also looking for a DR2 in that very finish too...
                    Very nice [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

After playing mine I guess Iced...

I'm not totally satisfied with the screamin' deamon pickup in the bridge.

Maybe I'd put in a SD custom. Let me know how the full shred sounds.

Comment

I love the Full Shred in my DR2, but again, mine has an ash body with satin finish. In poplar or alder (whichever the old Soloist Professionals were), it's a little bit darker sounding. Less muddy on the low E than a JB. I like the Screamin' Demon in basswood, oddly enough.
                        sigpic

Comment

This one's definitely too heavy for ash. I'm thinking maple [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          As well, the neck feels kinda wide for some reason [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                          Maybe they were trying to get Lynch back with this one? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Seriously, throw a hockey head on it and it'd look and feel like a Kami.

Comment

No, I've always digged them and really like that colour...
                            I'd like to have one as back-up for my RR in live situations and just practicing/rehearsing.
                            I'd definately put in a custom.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Man, it's starting to look like a music store around here [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              Got this one in yesterday evening as I was headed to work, along with a PC-3 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Deep Dark Metallic Red DR2 serial # 002744

Very clean with only minor clearcoat scratches and a small neck pocket finish crack. Weighs a ton!

[/ QUOTE ]You got a great deal on that one too. I almost pulled the trigger on that one about a month ago. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                              Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X