Reverse HS 80's Jackson - How much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse HS 80's Jackson - How much?

This guy locally is selling a reverse headstock HSS 80's Jackson with a firecrackle finish, ebony fretboard with mother of pearl dot inlays, original case. All is said to be "excellent condition" and he sounds legit. I'm going to go check it out tomorrow. If it is what he says it is (and the condition is as good as he says it is) how much should I offer for it?

Sorry about the image size, kind of in a hurry right now.

Re: Reverse HS 80\'s Jackson - How much?

I put this in the Ebay section this morning. I can't stand crackle finishes so I didn't even bother emailing him. Anywhere from $400-$600 is what it's worth
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I put this in the Ebay section this morning. I can't stand crackle finishes so I didn't even bother emailing him. Anywhere from $400-$600 is what it's worth

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh... Heh... Yeah, I'm a compulsive Craigslist checker, too. I might go check it out tomorrow. If it plays nice then I might grab it if he's willing to move a bit on the price.

I just checked my e-mail and he sent me the S# for the axe, but referencing that to the USA Serial # chart it doesn't match up with the San Dimas USA Jackson bolt-ons. Its a 4XXX number, which would make it between '86-'89 and (but the plate says San Dimas, CA). What's the deal with that?

Comment

I think I've read that they had some leftover San Dimas plates that they used on some Ontarios after the switch...
        anyone wanna confirm or deny?

Comment

Leftover plates were used till 89'. Any plate number higher than 1505 was made in Ontario. That is also the Ontario cavity route. I had one in H/S and was a great player but cheaper than what he is asking, then again it sounds like his is in nicer shape than mine was also. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Can't hurt to check it out and make him an offer.

Good luck!

Comment

If the condition is good as he said, I'd say $700-800?
            No more than $800 IMO.

Comment

I e-mailed him an offer and explained the whole situation with it not being a San Dimas. Hopefully, he'll understand and let me know right back. I'll let everyone know the result of all of this sometime later today (lunch break probably).

Comment

Well, he rejected my offer so I'm just going to let is pass. Not really GASing for the guitar. He insists that it is a real San Dimas Jackson and isn't moving on the price. He said he contacted Ed Roman to verify that it was a San Dimas and also said that he's a Jackson collector; so for all I know he might post here.

Comment

What a doofus
                  I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

ohya, cuz EVERYTHING Ed Roman says is 100% true and accurate!!!

What The Hell Ever!!!
                    Mike

Comment

Well just for the hell of it direct him to the serial number page at Jackson-Just so he knows that he is wrong. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

600 tops

Comment

So he belives a moronic Leperachaun?............ [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Dead mint worth $750-850... offer $550
                            A few scratches and dings minimal fretwear $600-700 offer $500
                            moderate use 500-600 offer $500
                            heavy use $450-$550 offer $450
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

So he believes what Ed Roman says.
                              [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              What a waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                              X