Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson bolt on 88 limited edition

hey guys,
    I don't post real often but I bought one of these today in what I would describe as a blue denim like finish. It has a Jackson Humbucker and single coil, with an active circuit, original Floyd Rose, Kahler locking nut, and a reverse headstock. It plays as good as any guitar I've ever owned and I think I have finally bought a lifer. Do you fellas know anything about these??? Are they rare, common, considered cool. It has a San Dimas Jackson Neck Plate.

ole Baldy,
    signin off

Re: jackson bolt on 88 limited edition

Rare enough and cool enough as any USA Jackson [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Ontario made but SD plated.
    That was the only finish they were available in IIRC, though someone around here may know of other, more rare colors.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Semi-rare, although they don't seem to command top dollar. If it's a "real" Floyd, rather than a JT-6, it's been replaced. They do play very nicely - I have a '88 Dinky with the same neck, sans two frets, and they're awesome.

Good score - USA Jackson bolt-ons are the some of the best values out there...
      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

I bought mine about a year ago. The last year or so they have been rising in price. Check out how much this one went for: [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] Jackson Limited Edition 88

Comment

worth every penny they are simply amazing to play unreal

Comment

I had two of these for quite awhile, but sold them off during my last 'down-sizing' of the collection. Killer guitars, though I never could get the hang of the electronics. Open her up, and you'll see several switches that will alter your tone a bit. Congrats, [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] hope you enjoy her!

-Kenn

Comment

That one had the certificate, hangtag and except for a blemish on the headstock tip, looked really clean. I think that's the first one I've seen up for sale with both the hangtag and certificate...

Jackson bolt-ons ARE increasing in value, in minty condition they're getting $900+... I should know, I've sold two of my minty ones for $949 BIN.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

It was assembled in the Ontario plant.
                Jackson's first 'Limited Edition' offering.
                500 were made.
                Stock: JE1000 gain boost circut, J-50, J-100
                My favorite Jackson. (note the period after that comment [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
                I have #188.

I would love to see a pic of yours - an original Floyd plate should not fit in the recess.

The scope of the fretboard scalloping tends to vary from guitar to guitar. Where does yours start?
                750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

I also had one of these a couple of years ago--it was my first foray back into Jacksons after many years playing other guitars. They have truly amazing necks. I wasn't big on the H/S configuration, and I replaced the electronics on mine with EMGs--it was pretty beat-up and certainly not a collectable.

Kinda wish I still had it, but I sold it when I briefly came down with carpal tunnel syndrome--I replaced it with a Model 5 project guitar to work on while my carpal tunnels healed themselves.

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys. I can't figure out the DIP switches under the control plate either. Must be one of those unsolveable mysteries.

Baldy

Comment

The DIP's seem to be an EQ of sorts (hi/mid/low). On my 88LE, I keep the end switches up, and the center switch down. This seems to scoop the mids, and combined with the thick mids of the Tone Zone I have in there - gives me a great balanced tone.

I also recommend a hotter p/u, as diming the gain pot can get really noisy. The sweet spot for a Tone Zone seems to be around 1 o-clock (for me).

YMMV.
                      750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

i've alway liked that finish

Comment

Yeah, the price increasing pretty fast by now.
                          Some one from here sold his own as a 600$, 6 months back!
                          That was a good time, when even me get into classifieds section ;-)
                          but anyway, it is good that people get used to know how good are USA Jackson bolt-ons!!!

Comment

Nice guitars, I had one years back and really liked it. However, there are more of these around than the one off Custom Shop San Dimas and Ontario bolt-ons. So I woudln't really consider them rare. Still great guitars though.

Comment

What is the serial # on that guitar? I modified a Floyd to fit on mine and that's the way it was when I sold it.

Comment

Working...
                              X