found a SL1T for $400!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found a SL1T for $400!!!

hey guys,I have a very slight lead on a SL1T for $400!..this may be too good to be true..i'll let you guys know.

Re: found a SL1T for $400!!!

Maybe an SLSMG [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope not [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

We will keep our thumbs up and wish the best for your deal [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah man, I wish you all the best...

... and if you really get it for that price I'm so gonna hate you. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope not [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

....although 400 bucks for an SLSMG isn´t exactly overpaying either [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

welp,here's the serial #010737

Comment

With that serial #, not a USA guitar.

Comment

That's what I thought....dang..oh well..

Comment

Make sure it's really a 0 and not a U.
                    A 6-digit serial with no letter means 1990's USA or Professional bolt on (the GOOD ones made prior to 1996). If that first "0" is really a "U", then it's a USA (it will also say USA on the head). Neckthrough USA and early Professionals always had a U or J, bolt ons didn't have a letter, and USA Custom Shop bolt ons only have 4 numbers (some very few had 5 numbers).
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

ALthough he would have had to screw up a bit, because he would have read the U as "01" in this case. It´s worth taking another look, but if he wrote it down right I think we can be pretty sure [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Lots of people mistake the U as a 0. Especially if it's not pressed deep enough or looks light on the top. 6 numbers on a neckthrough is always Japanese, but there's a J in front (making a 7-character serial). The USA models only have 5 numbers following a U (making a 6-character serial), even today. If it's a Japanese neckthrough, it's a 1990, because the Japanese neckthroughs all had the first number as the last number of the year it was made (0=1990, 1=1991, etc etc). In 2000, they added a number to the end, making them 8-characters (J followed by 7 numbers).
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

If it's "U10737" instead of "010737", that would make it a 2002 or - at the latest - 2003 guitar. The SL1T wasn't introduced until 2004. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Most likely a clueless seller that doesn't know what model he's selling. And not a USA.

Comment

Ah, the "T" part slipped right past me (even though it looks like "Found a slit for $400" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Could be an SLS or AT-1 and, as you said, a clueless seller. Jackson isn't much help with dropping models every other year and NOT keeping the info for those models on the page for people to properly ID their older guitars.

Anyhoo, I still say if it's neckthrough with that number, it's a USA, and that first "0" has to be a "U", or he left off a number (some people seem to think the leading zeroes are "silent" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Comment

Maybe the guitar is an SL-3. Worth $400 in mint condition... I'm not sure. what do you think?

Comment

Working...
                              X