Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look What The Little Brown Truck Brought Me!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look What The Little Brown Truck Brought Me!!

Well guys, its here!!! I finally got the SL2GX Rootbeer #7 from Archtop yesterday and man it is even more amazing in person than the pix Eric posted or the words that everyone said about it!

Here is a link to my post in the Feedback section with the whole story, please read it because Eric was amazing during this deal [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

A Few Words About Eric "archtop" Paige

I have always wanted one of these and came real close to snagging a Chlorine a few years ago but the deal fell thru! And now I own one..Thanks again Eric!

The Brown Monkey's actually delivered it well, even the box was in great shape. I was really worried especially because of the speed neck, but it arived perfect! Its dead mint and plays like a dream. But enough of me babbling on and on...here are some pix, as required by the <font color="blue"> Official JCF New Guitar Brotherhood Act Of 2003 </font> !

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Thanks again to Eric for this amazing guitar and KICK ASS deal!! I am forever grateful! Also, to everyone else who posted in the original FOR SALE thread encouraging me to get this...I am glad I did!

I'm out!
    Mike

Re: Look What The Little Brown Truck Brought Me!!

Nice guitar and great quilt on that maple. I love archtops!
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Wow, nice top! That's one of the nicest Rootbeer finishes that I've ever seen, and it really brings out the figure in the top! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Chris
      Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

THANKS!

Its NOT an archtop tho, just a standard SL2H with a quilt top and a speed neck, with a special serial number as well!

Mike

Comment

Nice, very 'warm' looking guitar. Must be delight to play.
          Alex

Comment

Wow, that is one sweet Rootbeer. I'll bet that paint job looks cool on a stage with blue/yellow/green lights shining on it. I'd like to have one just like that with a Floyd.

Comment

PRS eat your heart out. Man, that is a great quilt top!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] WOW! that´s a beautiful quilttop!
                very very nice, man!

Comment

That is pretty, but why o why do you guys continue to use UPS?
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Probably because F'edEx couldn't find their ass with both hands, a seeing eye dog, a map, and a Personal Trainer [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

F'edEx employees are those who failed the Postal Service exam.
                    UPS ain't much better, but even not much better is better [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Speaking of the Samsonite Apes in the brown suits, I've been waiting for a DR2 since last week - passed a FukkinUPS truck on the way to work Monday and Tuesday, just knowing they had the guitar. I got home the day after both times and it still wasn't there [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Damn decoys [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Someone was definitely home both days to accept the package, but the seller didn't ship it out till Monday anyway (just got his email) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Very, very sweet. Congrats man.

Comment

Yeah, seems like you never know what happens with your package. But anyway, really beatiful top! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Stunning top, beautiful color, amazing looking guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] Congrats and good luck with it. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Awesome guitar, Mike! That rootbeer quilt top looks sweet. Would love to see that in person some day.

Comment

Sweet guitar. One beautiful top on that one. Oh yeah keep using UPS so I can continue to have a job so I can continue to pay for my GAS! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
                              CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
                              Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
                              Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Working...
                              X