In The Market For A USA Soloist Q's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In The Market For A USA Soloist Q's?

I'm currently in the market for a USA Solost, but don't really have more than $1000 to spend. I know there are a bunch of good looking ones on eBay, but what in particular should I look out for? SL1 or SL2H doesn't matter, but I'd prefer it in black, green, or red. Is it unreasonable to want a USA Soloist with only $1000? I could up the budget a little by selling my Schecter, but that's the guitar I've had the longest and it's really my baby, and It'd be great to have a hardtail guitar still around, as well as just a general backup.

Re: In The Market For A USA Soloist Q\'s?

What do you like? I have an 2001 SL2H and an 89 Custom shop
    SL1, I like them both, but mostly play my SL2H, it has a
    little bit of a chunkier neck than the SL1 and on neck
    thrus I like that better, but that's not to say I don't
    like my SL1, I use it on Yngwie type of stuff, it's tuned
    to E Flat and it's got a wide thin feeling neck, great for
    sweeping arpeggios, my SL2H has a bluesier feel to it so I use that for Satriani type of stuff.
    Do you like H/S/S, or H/H? Not really much difference between the 2 other than the pick up configuration.
    I'd say for $1,000.00
    you should be able to pick up a used one on EBay no problem.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Honestly, I'd be fine with either. HH is just as cool as HSS, and vice versa. I've liked every Jackson neck I've played quite a bit, and I can't choose between any one of the profile's. I've been looking around alot on eBay, and at the completed auctions, and it looks like I'm in good buisness! Any other helps/tips would be appreciated from anyone. Unfortunately, I can't view the classifieds until I'm at 100 posts...oh well. I guess I can wait.

Comment

not a lot of soloists for sale in the classifieds any way so no loss there as far as you are concerned. Be aware that the newer soloists after 2000 have chunkier necks so depending on what kind of neck profile you like go from there.
        happy hunting, you should have no problem bagging one in $800-$1000 dollar range.
        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

E-bay has the widest selection of used Jackson.
          You should be able to find many for the money.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Be aware that the newer soloists after 2000 have chunkier necks so depending on what kind of neck profile you like go from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks,

That is very helpful. One of the issues is that you can't just go into a local guitar store and check one out to see how these are (like a Gibson or a Fender). They are a lot harder to track down.

Comment

that's intresting, is there much difference in the necks between pre 2000 soloist and the one's made after that ?
              i own a sl-1 from 1999 by the way, great neck on that one, but a bit chunkier would be ok too.

Comment

Working...
              X