DK1 vs. SL2H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK1 vs. SL2H

I have three SL2H's and am very happy with them. But now I have my eye on a sweet DK1 (online). Problem is I've never played a DK1 and am wondering if anyone has thoughts on how they compare to the SL2H.

I already know what the difference in specs are, what I want is an opinion of how they "feel" and play compared to each other. thanks

Re: DK1 vs. SL2H

I think you should give one of those SL2H's to me LOL!

I have a DK2. Not a big deal, but I think it's nice. I have 3 LP's and 3 SG's, so it's different having a satin finished neck than the usual painted / finished neck.

A DK1, being a USA made, should be a lot better than my MIJ DK2, but I have to tell you it sounds real good, both acoustically and plugged in. I keep trying to win a real JB on fleebay, but I keep getting outbid (I'm a cheap bastard). I'm not in a big hurry, because these Duncan Designed sound good as-is.

Comment

I have owned both and I prefer the DK1 because it has an oiled neck not satin or painted. They feel great. The neck on DK1 is thinner than an SL2H which some like and some don't.

Comment

I've owned both and if you can get your hands on a DK1 I'd say go for it. One is not better than the other just different but both are equally fantastic guitars that will have you grinning for a long time! I know I still have that shit eating grin on my face since 2001 when I got my first of many Jacksons! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

DK1's rock! I mean how many more SL2's do ya need?

Go for it you'll love it.

Are you talking about the 24 fret with emg's or the 22 fret h/s/s DK1?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have my eye on a 24 fret with EMG's. thanks for the advice, it is helpful

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it the white, 2-hummer one on ebay?
              My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause it looks like that makes 3 of us.

Comment

+4 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

DK1 - Advantage on the neck. The profile is very much to my liking. Thinner than an SL, similar IMHO to a San Dimas Charvel. Oiled, too, if that's your preference. Slight advantage on price, too.

SL2H - Neck-through. I'm not a big fan of EMGs, so advantage to the SL on PUs. I have a slight preference for clearcoated necks, so that's a plus for me, too.

All that said, though, if you've already got 3 SLs, why not try something different? I like variety, so I'd go with the DK1. Or, better yet, try one of the new USA Charvel line. All the positives of the DK1, plus more color, PU, and fretboard choices.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe...maybe not. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Or, better yet, try one of the new USA Charvel line. All the positives of the DK1, plus more color, PU, and fretboard choices.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I have one of the GX re-issue Bullseyes. I love it too...

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Yeah, but I definitely need better pics, not to mention the seller's history is questionable.
                        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause it looks like that makes 3 of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

+4 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I seen that a few hours ago myself. I won't be bidding unless its super cheap though. And it won't be.

Comment

When I first got my DK-1 I really didnt like it because the neck felt really different than my Rhoads necks I was use to playing! The neck is slimmer and the fretboard is almost flat with a slight curvature but emphasis the word slight, but after a couple of days of playing it and setting up the action, bridge height, and trem springs to my liking ..the guitar is really cool to play and sounds just as good as any neck-thru in my opinion! I would totally suggest going after one at a cool price, you wont regret it!

Comment

Working...
                            X