Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any info on this '85 Rhoads?

Hey all,

There is a Jackson Rhoads on a used guitar site and I was wondering if it's a real one and what it's worth.

here are the pics:

The pics aren't that good I know.. maybe I should ask for better pics

the despcription he gives:
    "This guitar has been played very little,it is all original-I changed the pick guard and a couple of minor things,but have all the original parts-this guitar is very fresh-no fret wear really , a chip of paint at the end of the top "fin" (the end of the fin is the first thing to get the paint chipped off- very little chippage on it-the fin)guitar is a 9.
    This is a USA neck-through-first run, which means these were the first of all the Jackson guitars ever made-this model-with the white paint w/black pinstripes is the first model built.The ser.# is a low # 0531."

any thoughts/advice/guesses on how much it's worth are welcome, thanks.
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Re: Any info on this \'85 Rhoads?

If it is a San Dimas Rhoads, the S/N would read RR0531 and that corresponds to 1984. It has sharkies and binding so it's a Rhoads Custom. Khaler bridge. Those pics sure are crappy; ask for a clear shot of the headstock. If it is an '84 Custom, and has original hardware, it'd be worth in the $1000 - 1400 range.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That one was on Ebay recently. Seems original but the pickguard seems replated gold. Very cool guitar!
      My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

thanks for the info

do you happen to know who won the auction? or where the winner is located?

I emailed the seller but no reply yet.. I don't really trust it, he has bad feedback..
        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

If it is legit that is a very cool guitar.
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

P9cs

Comment

Do I really have to start my day by reading 5 months old threads where the new post is "pics" or something as meaningful?!?!?!?!? I know the classifieds is tempting but still... [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
              My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Working...
              X