Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Custom Shop idea

So whayddya think?
    I call it The Devil's Talon cuz it's all evil and stuff [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Another Custom Shop idea

Wow, great shape!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I think you have a winner!

Also known as The Devil's Can Opener... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But a very cool shape. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I thought about that - The Jackson Can/Bottle Opener - opens 9 different bottles and cans, and can be used as a prybar or mountain climbing aid [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

or The Jaws Of Death (Life) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Hey, you know what? Since you swapped the Jackson pointy headstock Warrior wings with Jackson Death Angel wings, the headstock should also reflect that. May I suggest the Charvel/Wayne "beak"? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I can't find a picture of the similar Charvel "beak" headstock but it looks nearly identical to the Wayne "beak". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I like the shape, but the headstock still looks like a smurf hat [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Smurf Hat. Better than these two:

The Beak:

The Smurf Shoe:

Now you see why it has the only head that fits [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] You're right, thanks for making those mockups real quick. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Looks like the GuitarXpress thing.
                please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

I always knew papa smurf was Satan. lol
                  We must!
                  We must!
                  We must increase the bust!
                  The bigger the better!
                  The tighter the sweater!
                  The boys are counting on us!

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      You're right, thanks for making those mockups real quick. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There! Finally a voice of reason!
                      The rest of you should know that it is futile to doubt me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

My vote goes to Toucan Son of Sam. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Damn this is an expensive hobby.....

Comment

I tried doing a "Ram's Horns" headstock - both Toucan and Smurf Shoe facing opposite directions - but it kept coming out looking like a Prince Philip [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Revised and submitted for a quote

Ok, this one may actually kick all ass:

Alder body
                            Ferrari Red with matching head
                            Bolt-on maple/ebony neck with Iommi Crosses
                            Jumbo frets
                            KV-2 neck profile
                            1 11/16" nut
                            Black logo
                            One Duncan Distortion
                            No knobs - straight to the jack
                            Slanted board end
                            Edge-mounted jack like on 1990 Warrior
                            SLS head
                            (I boo-booed on the binding - meant to select None but chose Neck and Headstock, but None for color - was going to go with red, but then red won't show against the head, and if it does it won't match unless I go with a Custom Color, which $uck$ [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] - I coulda done black binding, but it doesn't show against the ebony board, and no sense getting the head bound without the neck - besides, there's always black pinstripe tape [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])
                            Black hardware
                            Recessed OFR
                            G&G case with Red Poodle interior

I was going to do 2-hum, then decided onthe slanted board, which meant H-S, and just a mini-toggle to select pickups, but then figured it's just too aggressive for a neck pickup, so I went with the 1H layout and no knobs for maximum non-stop output - I mean, you won't play clean or Country on this thing [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Probably should go with Baritone, but nah - if I want it that heavy I'll just put heavier strings on it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                            And of course a Floyd for the all-important whammying [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Actually I was going to design a stringthrough plate that kept the design motif, but damn that woulda took time and probably cost an assload [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Revised and submitted for a quote

I like it a lot! Couple of things I'd do: Flip the slant the other way and add a couple of partial frets beyond the 24th; and do a black neck/headstock binding, you don't really want to look at the fret slots along the edge of the 'board do you?
                              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Working...
                              X