Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay for Drake, Kickaxe, and Paddok...

Ok, first things first:

Yay for Drake - thanks for the most excellente Warrior Pro [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Yay for Kickaxe - thanks for the chrome Floyd baseplate AND the spring block AND the intonation set screws [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Yay for Paddok - thanks for the Duncan Jazz Neck hummer [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

And a big fat "suck my dick" goes out to everyone's favorite Samsonite Apes: UPS - yup, the Warrior's head split [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Right between the 4th and 5th tuners - but damn if it ain't the cleanest break I've ever seen - dead even with the wood grain on a perfect angle. Both halves are smooth as silk and it'll be easy to line them up (unlike those lame-ass breaks that leave splinters and roughage inside and are damn impossible to line up).

So, since I've been awake now for 25 hours straight, I'll glue it, clamp it, and get me some sleep - and in the morning (afternoon) when I get up, it'll be ready to be strung up [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I must repeat - this is entirely UPS's fault (and/or Old Man Winter), not a reflection on Drake. Great guy, easy to deal with, and I was actually expecting the headstock to break from either the extreme cold or just plain old "shit luck", so if anyone wants to do a deal with Drake, the only thing you have to fear is the combination of a Jackson headstock and the Samsonite Apes [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Actually, it's not my week to receive stuff - the address label on the box the Jazz came in was nerly torn off by the Post Orifice, and the padded mailing bag the Floyd parts came in had a nice hole in the outer shell - so this must be my shit week [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But I'm happy all the way around - finally got the black Warrior (with black binding), a Jazz, and I can finally get some use out of the lefty Floyd I bought a while back - those saddles are going on the chrome baseplate [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Yay for Drake, Kickaxe, and Paddok...

DuDe The black Warrior I just sent you got there with a Broken headstock? Hey my DSL has been down for 4 days so I might not get to get back to this I'll PM you my # Matt.
    F%cking Yard Apes = UPS

Matt I'm sorry as hell this happened, we'll talk about this see what we can do.
    According To The Prophecy

Comment

Re: Yay for Drake, Kickaxe, and Paddok...

Dude, it is seriously no sweat [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] There's nothing to "do" - it's fixed [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I glued it and clamped it - it's sitting here right now at full tension with no creaks or gaps, so it's done [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      Thanks for the concern and all, but honestly, it's no big deal to me - I got the guitar, it's fixed, it rocks, so there's no problems [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
      X