JimmyB MIA - He owes me money!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimmyB MIA - He owes me money!!

I've given him 3 months to make this right and about 15 emails for him to respond to, so now I'll ***** about it. I've also held back because he said he's got health problems, but I figure he's still got email, right?

Jim bought my other Diamond Plate Kelly, and paid for the guitar only in advance. He's in Canada, and I had never shipped to Canada before so in order to speed up the deal I told Jim that I'd ship it, and he could re-imburse me after it arrived. He got it, raved about how awesome a guitar it was, said "the check was in the mail" and disappeared. I've received an email or two back when I ask about my $97 saying he's sending it "tomorrow", but no money has arrived and it's been 3 months or more.

It pissed me off that I trusted a JCF "bro" I had dealt with before and I got screwed out of $97. That's crap, and it's the last time I do that for someone.

Brett

Re: JimmyB MIA - He owes me money!!

That sucks bro!
    Apparently, Integrity is sold
    for 97 bux [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

Last I heard, JimmyB was recovering from
      cancer of the testicle. He should be in touch, if he's able, but if he's in the hospital his wife might not be concerned
      with answering emails about $97 he owes,
      or to tell him about it either lest it
      upset him more.

I hope you get your dough, but I'm more
      concerned that JimmyB has had his cancer come back. That would suck pretty bad.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

wow, that would suck tremendously.

Well, I would hope that the cancer is not back up.

and if it is, get well JimmyB..

Comment

Well obviously that would suck ass, but a debt is a debt is a debt. Not to sound cold-hearted, but how hard is it for his wife to drop $97 in the mail? He told me three times that the money was on the way already, so at this point I figure that I got beat. That's not cool.

Brett

Comment

I'll send ya $197, for your other diamond plate Kelly. And I'll cover shipping..in advance!

Comment

I'll tell you hard it is, Brett. HARD My mother is dying of cancer right now. I do my best to stay on the JCF and at times I need to go online to "escape" for a minute. But paying $97 when you have a loved one dying is not priority one. I made damn sure that when she became terminal that I ended all pending deals just so I wouldn't have to deal with shit like that. But sometimes stuff happens and if it's cancer, believe me, there's nothing else that can be done, it consumes you immensely.
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Not to slight you or your mother at all, but do you still pay your light bill, your car note, your house note, etc.? When someone is sick, laid off, or otherwise screwed, the bills keep coming. Believe me, I've been through it - it sucks, but you have to cover your responsibilities.

Believe me, had JimmyB not mentioned his health issue when I brought up the money, I wouldn't have kept quiet about it for 3 months. I told him in advance that I was not comfortable paying his shipping without the money in hand, and he PROMISED to send me my money BEFORE the guitar arrived since I had the shipping charges at that point. He was not sick then. He was not too sick to tell me how awesome my Kelly was after it arrived. I think that if he wanted to pay, he would have arranged something by now.

Brett

Comment

Brett, did you ever get paid? I heard that you did.

JimmyB also told me he was in the hospital from Mid-December to mid-February, and his wife was sort of preoccupied with his condition and handling the kids by herself during that
                  time. Stands to reason she'd put your issue on the back burner compared to her family and even the other bills like the mortgage, etc... I see your point, to a point, but perhaps you've never had to juggle bills to survive. Having a wife and children to consider can cause you to have to put some bills off. In the real world of financial emergencies that's a sad but true scenario smetimes.

Anyway, I'm glad if you got your $ as I was told you did.

Rich
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Hey Rich - thanks for the words.

Brett was reimbursed the money I owed him, the day after I was released from the hospital...he, of course, received it a few days later.

It is unfortunate that this happened, but my wife made a decision to attend to our children, our home, marriage and our lengthy battles with my employer and insurance company. These issues took priority, to her, and she stands by her decision.

Brett and I had some seamless transactions prior to this mess and had a very good buy/sell relationship. I have no beef with Brett and how he handled this - he was owed money and deserved to get paid.

If my post count is high enough, I'll be selling the majority of my gear in the next few weeks - I'm not able to play much anymore and need to liquidate a bit.

When did this "Feedback" section appear? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Hey JimmyB,

I saw your post in the Classifieds right after I posted, and said Yikes! I hoped you didn't mind me posting on this since it's not strictly my business.

I do think though, if you call someone out for owing you money, that when they do pay you you should acknowledge that.
                      It may be late, but don't leave the idea
                      that you never got paid hanging in the wind. That's just me though.

It's good to see you back, bro! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Rich
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Thanks for watching my back, Lerx. I appreciate your concern - [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Yes, Jimmy was a man of his word and paid up! Thanks again Jimmy. Get better quick.

Brett

Comment

Got to give a shout out to Lerx, for being the liaison here. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                            X