No announcement yet.

And a big THANKS for NOTHING goes to..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And a big THANKS for NOTHING goes to..

OUCH!!! An endorsement like this can't be good for business. Should've used GMW for sure, bro.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Re: And a big THANKS for NOTHING goes to..

If I did FINALLY get it, I would end up selling it just so I didn't get pissed off looking at it. Besides, all of the parts I assembled for the project ended up on other guitars or sold.

As for using GMW, yes they are my only choice from now on. [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

The old saying "what goes around comes around" comes to mind. Those that choose to screw people get theirs in the end.

Comment

If I did FINALLY get it, I would end up selling it
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, if that is the case and it comes out decent, keep me in mind.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Be very patient if you use GMW. I sent my guitar on the estimate of the guitar being done in 4 months. That was back in the first week of June and in November I emailed to see what the status was and it wasn't even touched yet. I had a few people tell me expect it to take atleast a year and I think that is how long it will take. However, if you want it done right, it is worth the wait. I do refins and I can tell you about jobs that took a year (major jobs). However, if I am not happy how a guitar is coming along, I strip it and start over. Its perfect, nothing, or I send it out as is and not happy because the customer is sick of waiting and is giving me a hard time.

Comment

And a big THANKS for NOTHING goes to..

Doug a.k.a "Trillian Guitars"

Been stewing over this for quite some time now, so here's my story: Sent a Warmoth Explorer body to Doug to get a black/white Bullseye finish applied. (keep in mind that this was April '03) Four months later, it arrives on my doorstep with a half-assed/amateur finish. (numerous flaws that were cleared over, swirl marks, globs of paint in the pickup routes) I complain, he says to send it back and it would be done in a week. I return it mid August and time marches on.
          So, lets see, it is now almost February '04 and I still haven't gotten it back! Each time I inquire about it, I get the same response: "it will ship this week". Yeah, right dude!! [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] Of course, I have all of the emails to back up my story and his line of crap. Its one thing to get screwed out of deal, but another for someone to take your $$$ and continue to make excuses.
          I guess that this can be written up as a "life lesson". If you want a refin, use a PROFESSIONAL and REPUTABLE organization like GMW.
          Anyhow, thanks for reading my rant. If you see a 1 Hum / Bullseye Explorer body on eBay, let me know.

Comment

DAMN LOOK AT THE GUNS ON.... Sorry dude. Got distracted. Sounds a lot like a Mr. Vince Sansevere excuse he is using. Not surprising seeing as they always had some kind of weird relations going on. I hope you get back some decent product. Or your cash in the very least. Good luck.
            We must!
            We must!
            We must increase the bust!
            The bigger the better!
            The tighter the sweater!
            The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Yes, GMW is well-known for:

-excellent work
              -looooooooong lead times
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Swilly, you knew I was going to NAMM with my ass-kicking shoes on! Why didn't you tell me of this last week? Trillian had a booth.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks Ron, a boot in the ass might have alleviated my disappointment.

Comment

Working...
                  X