More praise for JGCable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More praise for JGCable

John gets four stars (out of four) for being the man: easy to talk to, easy to deal with, tells you what he is going to do, and then does it.

Enjoy, my friend! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Keith
    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Re: More praise for JGCable

What a great guitar Keith.. Axtogrind is a uno-numero bro... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I am in Nuno heaven................

Comment

Ok, ..I gotta know, did you buy that N4 with the funky finish? or another?

Comment

I bought the one with the multiswirl finish. It has a chrome Stephens Cutaway neck plate too which I have never seen. They are usually black I believe. It is a 94' and according to Washburn, multiswirl was not an option on the N4. It certainly looks factory to me. It had a crack in the neck right on the scarf joint that was repaired some time ago and looks stable. What a friggin killer guitar. I thought that Herc Fede did it but he didn't. I will find out someday. Maybe there is info in one of the cavities. Keith (axtogrind) is a great guy to deal with. The guitar was packed up better than any guitar I have ever got.

Comment

Yeah, I knew you'd probably like the N4 from what you've told me about your preferences. So...more curiousity..did the crack go all the way thru? As in it almost snapped off? I had a mild interest in taht guitar as I like the finish too, but you know how it is, can't buy everything you want.

Comment

The crack didn't go all the way through. It seems very stable and although it hurts the value of it I don't intend on selling it. It is perfect for me and actually fits my playing style as if it was totally custom made for me. I prefer 22 frets and the access to the upper frets is incredible. There is no down side if you can get past the mulitswirl tan/black/brown/silver finish. I can for sure. If it didn't have a reverse headstock I would give it a 10. It also came with factory straplocks because the strap buttons are actually recessed into the body. This guitar is extremely well made. The frets are gigantic. They are the biggest ones I have ever seen. Very tall and wide. Maybe Dunlop 6300's?

Comment

I didn't think you'd want to replace the neck, once you saw it. Could be prettier (the neck) but seems like it will last.

I take back everyting I said about the finish: it seems that "ass" is in the eye of the beholder! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Probably the most narrow neck I've ever seen: seriously, my fingers aren't fat, but it seemed more like playing a violin to me.

After I shipped it, it dawned on me that the artist might have left something under one of the covers. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] It's a MYSTERY!

Anyway, thanks again, and enjoy. Glad it arrived ok. Give us updates from time to time!

K
              The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Working...
              X