Dinkyjacksonman is truly "the man"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinkyjacksonman is truly "the man"

I recently bought the violet GMW some of you may remember being posted in the classifieds from Dinkyjacksonman aka "toru" . Toru is one helluva a nice and honest guy. His asking price of $850 shipped was incredibly fair considering the thing was practically unused and in mint condition. And best of all, I feel like a made a friend in the transaction. So if any of you have the chance to deal with Toru, jump on it.

Rich

(He also has killer taste!!!)

Re: Dinkyjacksonman is truly "the man"

Hi Rich! thank you so much for the kind words!
    The transaction went real smooth and I really had(and am having)great chat with him.
    He is the man.
    Plus he went over the top to help me on an issue that I am having problem with paypal since the weekend.
    I owe you BIG TIME and hope to fix the problem ASAP so I can move on to clear the mess paypal is giving me.
    I am really hoping to deal with you soon and chat anytime!
    You Rule!
    [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

You've got mail Dinky! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I couldn't agree more about Toru. He ships quick and is very professional.

Brett

Comment

Although I've never bought anything or sold anything to Toru, he has offered to help me out on several occasions. Get this....he even offered to sell me that SD strathead neck, which was at over 500 in his auction at the time, for MUCH less than that. Yep, he offered to close an auction that he was about to get big bucks on just to help me out. He would have taken a HUGE loss on that neck compared to what it was at at that point and even moreso because of where the price ended up. Needless to say, I declined because I didn't think it was fair to him. I'm glad I did because he did pretty well on it in the end. Anyway, I know nobody else who goes out his way as much as Toru does. That's not meant to rip on anyone else....it's just a testament as to what kind of person Toru is. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Brett, the deal we had was perect and VERY fast transaction.
            You are way cool to deal with and hope to buy from you next time.

Tom,I really meant to offer the neck to you at first when I saw your post looking for the neck.
            I was never into big $$$ but only wanted to cover what I at least would wanted out of it since the neck has been unused for a long time and no idea if I will ever use it again or not.
            It was just the result that the neck sold for big $$$ at the end and I really wanted to sell it to one of the members here at first for much less.I even quoted the price lowe with shipping included.

There are so many others to thank on this board including FZrod,Monte,Marc,Matt,Pete,Doug,Evan,John,Chuck,Fi rebird,Lance, ..on and on.
            I am sorry if I missed your names but whoever I dealt with, they are all super nice and cool.
            I am glad that I am here!
            [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

toru,
              do you still have my old hot rod flame star that i bought from tracy? hoss had helped me move it, and i remember shipping it out to you. i don't know why i never hooked up with you before. i always hear good things about you.

tommy
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                i could have sworn i shipped that to you.
                funny, i ended up buying the hot rod flame strat from hoss, and then it ended up at yogadork's door. small world. that's cool that you know mark cameron. he has done two incredible jmp mods for me .

Comment

Toru, I have a Dinky Custom Shop Jackson Strat here with your name all over it...

Brett

Comment

Brett, you mean "The Joker"??

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy:
                      [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                      i could have sworn i shipped that to you.
                      funny, i ended up buying the hot rod flame strat from hoss, and then it ended up at yogadork's door. small world. that's cool that you know mark cameron. he has done two incredible jmp mods for me .
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I used to live in L.A. late 80's til mid 90's. and some late 90's too.
                      When I met Mark,he was modding amps at Guitar Center in Hawthrone(maybe Torrance) in 91 or 2.
                      His amp at the time was late70's JMP that sounded killer and still think is the best sounding amp EVER I have heard.I used to see him a lot.He is such a cool guy , I had a lot of great conversation with his.
                      I used to have several heads done by him. Now I need one LOL!

When did you meet him? at Guitar Oasis in huntington Beach in mid 90's?

Comment

Re: Dinkyjacksonman is truly &quot;the man&quot;

Tommy,I bought Hoss's HRF Strat and sold it back to him but I have never bought a Star in my life lol!
                        Yea, I saw that guitar when Hoss was trying to sell and wish I had the money to buy.
                        So it must be someone else that bought your guitar.

Comment

it was called A&V music. it was owned by john willard, who is actually in the "what's in a name", wayne charvel book. john was a big charvel freak and he used to get great stuff.

Comment

A&V Music and John.I am getting lose all my memory LOL!

Comment

exactly. he was doing setups and amp mods at the time. guitar oasis had just moved, and they had a huge moving sale. that is where i found elvis,
                              my favorite guitar, and the best guitar on the planet i might add. the only thing i have ever done to that guitar was have mark put in a gibson '57 classic pickup in the bridge when john took over the shop and then he did two heads for me. the first one was called his "VH"
                              mod, and the second one was called the "psycho mod". they were both awesome. mark does incredible work. where did you live out here?

Comment

Working...
                              X