Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPS - FUCK OFF AND DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPS - FUCK OFF AND DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This one goes out to UPS.

It took me 7 years to find an almost mint 1981 Dean ML in white. White is a very rare color that wasn't a standard color. Dean charged an extra $100 for white back in 1981. I paid a fortune for this guitar and here's what UPS did to it. Packaging was excellent and in the original case. Yes, the crack is all the way thru the whole headstock.

Re: UPS - FUCK OFF AND DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ouch man..that really bites! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

You have great luck in finding, but some bad luck with shipping. Hey BTW I have to check my email at Yahoo.

Comment

I swear there is NO FUCKING WAY that could POSSIBLY have happened in transit. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] That's just too fucked for words. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] What does the box look like? The case? Dude, something that can do that is going to leave some serious marks on the box... unless Deans are that wimpy or something. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Which I doubt. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I swear you and Newc both have the worst luck with UPS I've ever seen. I haven't used them as often as you guys have, but I haven't ever had a single problem. Shit, there were probably only four or five guitars I can remember from when I worked at Jackson that came back with shipping damage and I know at least four of those were caused by the case and not UPS. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

There is no damage whatsoever to the box. It was dropped and shocked very, very hard...... standard abuse by UPS. And yes, it happened in transit. The case was full of wood and paint chips.

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Holy crap!!! Hope those UPS gorillas pay you for that, Greg. That really sucks!!!!!!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Okay, answer me this. When the guitar is in the case, can it easily slide up and contact the end of the case with the headstock? The only think I can think wouldn't leave a mark on the box or case is if the box solidly hit something on that end, and caused the guitar to slide forward and hit the case interior. It wouldn't take mishandling to do it, either. If the guitar spent most of its journey upside down, and there weren't a shitload of "THIS END UP" stickers, it's hard to fault UPS.

Will UPS cover it? I didn't think they would cover 'weird' shaped guitars. In any case, structurally speaking, that's a fairly easy fix. Some epoxy and clamps and it's good as new. The paint on the other hand... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Sucks. The GC I work at gets all its special order guitars via UPS...I receive them all (got a JEM Steve Vai thing yesterday) - I have yet to see a damaged axe.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

i think UPS problems are probably a regional thing. I've never had problems with them ...except for lack of speed. shipping anything UPS in montana= outliving father time.

Comment

You have the worst luck with UPS. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                  Next time, try Fed Ex. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Did your wife give them tainted fruitcake over Christmas or something?

I'm not sure if I would either feel like crying or kicking the UPS dudes ass if I opened the case and found that. Sure would make a guys heart sink for sure.

Didn't you have the Custom Warrior graphic that was damaged as well? I think you might have a localized cockroach problem.

"ahh, another guitar to Greg Crowe?! wellhere !!"

[ January 09, 2004, 07:09 AM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Ouch, Greg....I feel for you. I love white guitars and I know my heart would've sank when I opened that case. This is my biggest fear when waiting for a guitar to arrive. Were the strings slackened a bit before shipping, or would that even help at all to prevent this? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Anyway, sorry to hear about this, bro.
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy:

Didn't you have the Custom Warrior graphic that was damaged as well? I think you might have a localized cockroach problem.

"ahh, another guitar to Greg Crowe?! wellhere !!"
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, I'm almost positive it's an issue with the Oklahoma City or Tulsa centers mishandling packages. I talked to the Music Zoo up in New York where I got the guitar from and they told me that they ship approx. 5 guitars a weeks thru UPS and this is the first guitar they've had damaged.

I had a long talk with someone from the OKC office at UPS about this continual localized damage. They've paid out over $4000 in damage claims on guitars shipped to me in the past 3 years. This one is going back to the Music Zoo who is being cool about it and will refund my money as soon as they receive the guitar. They will then have to deal with collecting from UPS. Of all the guitars I've had damaged, this is the one that really upsets me, you guys have no idea how rare that Dean is. It's the equivelent of an all original 1981 Bullseye strathead Charvel. That guitar had been owned by the original owner for 20 years, then one of the guys at the Music Zoo had owned it for 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                          Okay, answer me this. When the guitar is in the case, can it easily slide up and contact the end of the case with the headstock?
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's the first thing I checked. The case is form fitting to the body and holds it pretty well. The neck rests at a point in the case at about the 2nd fret. I tried sliding the guitar around in the case trying to make the headstock come in contact with the case end. Generally.... no it doesn't come in contact. But..... if you yank the living shit out of it, it will touch. I can see how if the box was dropped flat on that end from 10ft high, it might have done that damage. Whatever happened, it was seriously abused by UPS and dropped very, very, very hard.

The best cases made are those Japanese Charvel "chainsaw" cased that support the whole neck, not just supporting the neck at one point. I've never seen a guitar break in one of those cases.

Comment

Sounds like it was dropped off the end of a dock.

Well, I can understand the damage claim/refund even tho it seems fixable, .. it wouldn't be as original.

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I have one month more to wait for my SL2H that will be shipped through...UPS. I'm now frightened about this picture.

Shit, I won't sleep for on month now! Please reassure me and tell me that it's really rare that UPS demolish a guitar this way (or any other way).
                              What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

Comment

Working...
                              X