NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!!!!!!!!GREEEEEED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!!!!!!!!GREEEEEED!

I've kept my mouth shut long enough and I have had just about all I'm going to take from a particular member here.
    A few months ago, I posted on here expressing an interest in USA JAcksons. Well, I got contacted and the member showed me several nice guitars that I was interested in. We struck on a deal for an Soloist and a Rhoads. The prices were high but he worked with me on the price and knocked 200 bucks off. The guitars arrived and, appearance wise, they were as expected. The Rhoads, however, had something rattling around inside it and when plugged in, it didn't work...no signal. I opened the CC and found the compartment a wiring mess. The battery had come loose....understandable. The wiring, however, wasa a mess of exposed solder, bare wires touching, and the preamp circuit was bent to hell. I isolated every wire and cleaned things up a bit, replaced the battery, and it worked fine. Both guitars sounded and still sound great and are my favorites. At the time, I emailed the seller asking about the wiring issue. I did not get a response. Again, I emailed him and he replied that time saying that there were, "no wiring issues" and that it worked fine when it left him. Not wanting to burn a bridge, I let it go at that. No wiring issues was ambiguous at b est...did he ever change the battery....had the control cover off? The guitar worked although to this day, I don't know what the deal with the wiring is. It needs to be completely redone becasue huge gobs of solder are only protected by e-tape.
    Now, during this period, I had bought a LOT of guitars. This seller asked where I had all the money to buy them. I wrongly informed him that I had the money to buy lots of guitars, something I would soon learn.
    During the deal for the first two axes, he offered another SD Soloist for a seemingly good price. I turned it down at the time. He described this guitar as having dings, scratches, and minor players wear but in very good condition. A while later, I had bought a virtually brand new 98 SL1 for a decent price from another guy. This guitar was literally like new.
    I offered the SL1 for the SD Soloist and I based that decision on the fact that this Soloist would be of the same quality as the first I had bought from the seller I am referring to. The descriptions were similar....who wouldn't think that very good condition and minor players wear would be just that. He turned it down but suggested that I trade my mint Shannon BGF instead. I said no (thank God). He said my 98 SL1 and 150 bucks would get it done. I countered with a 100 buck cash offer and we settled on 125 plus my 98. I shipped off the SL1 and he shipped of the SD Soloist. I was shocked at the condition of the SD when it arrived. The headstock had file marks near the low E string like someone had done a haphazard repair job on it. The guitar was beat to hell although in the pictures, the condition was not visible I beleive due to the Ferrari Red color. The guitar had spray paint over large areas including the headstock and the lower waist of the body. The Kahler saddles were not even remotely close to the proper positioning for an intonated guitar. It would not tune up. It was beat to hell. I emailed him and complained. He apologized that I was not happy. I asked him why he would ask for cash on top of a near mint SL1. His response? "the Sl1 wa hardly near mint...it had dust between the pups and strings, an added coil tap switch (he knew this befoer the sale), and minor buckle rash if the guitar was held in the right light. Various emails are exchanged and he points out that I was not forced into anything, no gun to my head, etc, I agrred to it, yadayada. Yet he never answered why he would describe a guitar as he did then ask for cash on top of it knowing that the SD Soloist was beat to hell and not even remotely close to the value of the 98 SL1, which I maintain is in like new condition. I asked him again about the Rhoads wiring....his response? "No wiring issues". Same ambiguous answer and to this day, I do not know what the deal is with the wiring in the Rhoads. Who cares if it works right now! It need a re-wiring job.
    Back before the beater guitar for the SL1 deal, I told my wife that he was someone I trusted to treat her right on a guitar deal....she wanted to buy me one for Xmas. I even told the seller that I had referred my wife to him and he said he would treat her right. Yeah, right! Remeber this in a few minutes.
    Back to the beater Soloist: in his defense, he did offer to reverse the deal. I said no because 1. I had agreed to it; doesn't matter that the guitar was described inaccurately and the deal was blatantly lop[sided. And 2. I was new here and to collecting Jacksons and had I agreed to reverse it, I believe that I would have been blackballed. After all, this member/seller is quite well known around here. Who's going to argue with all of those positive feedbacks? I felt that I had to suck it up and chalk it up to "buyer beware" and "capitalism" at it's worst.
    He says now that he told me that he offered to let me keep the beater Soloist and he would mail back the SL1 but, despite going thru every mail, I have yet to find that reference. Wouldn't matter anyway, I would have refused.
    So why have I had it? I see that he's now selling the SL1 and it is clearly described as nearly mint and almost brand new. But when I pointed this out complaining about the piece of crap he dealt me, the SL1 was hardly mint...dust, coil tap, etc.
    I cannot get a straight answer out of him. He won't answer me about the wiring in the Rhoads except with the same ambigiuous line. He won't address my questions about the SD Soloist....he said the file marks on the headstock were news to him.
    I want answers. If broadcasting negative feedback is the only way to get anywhere, so be it.

Re: NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!!!!!!!!GREEEEEED!

Well, who was it?

From the sound of the guitars (and your last feedback post), it sounds like Chavel750. I've known Joe to be nothing but helpful, nice, and respectful with anything I have inquired about from him. Why all of a sudden such a change of heart from your last post? Why didn't you say anything about the wiring issues in your first feedback post? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, who is it? This is the Feedback Forum, so spill the beans and let it all hang out! You're giving someone negative feedback, obviously, but inquiring minds want to know who, otherwise your post is pointless.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

As I said above, I didn't want to burn any bridges. He's been around a while....lots of people deal with himm....who would have believed me or cared for that matter. But what does it matter? I'm happy with those guitars....just not the unknown wiring issues....so it's ok not to explain the wiring because I left positive feedback before? If I buy a car and the salesman seems fair and I recommend him to others....later I find out the car has been wrecked before but it wasn't disclosed by the seller....I can't expect some explanantion??????
        He'll get defended on here just like I thought. I'm willing to bet that he's laughing his A$$ off right now knowing that he made out like a bandit and I'm sure that those around here that will flock to defend him are as well.

Comment

Charvel750.....

Comment

There may be some who say that this is nothing but sour grapes, I'm whining, etc. I am absolutely NOT. I am mad about ONE guitar deal that I felt was misrepresented. This prompted me to want to follow up on the wiring issue. To prove I am not bitching just to be bitching, the guitar my wife bought from him last week for Xmas is great! Exactly as described! It is exactly what I expected. I love it. Yeah, I think she paid too much but that's the name of the game. But the guitar is great and that one was accurately described.

Comment

Well, Charvel750 DOES have a top-notch rep here, and you're saying he offered to reverse the deal, so if you declined that
              offer, what do you have to complain about
              really? I'm sorry you're upset about those issues, but describing conditions
              are subjective things, and all he could do if you were unhappy was take the guitars back. You declined that, so what did you want from him? You'd be out the shipping I guess, but that's the way mail
              order dealing goes.

I'm absolutely certain Joe would be as fair as he possibly could working it out if you're unhappy. This has to be a misunderstanding, man. Talk to him again, if you didn't insult him the last time he's fair.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Tom has directed this unwarranted mess at me, and I will explain my side here:

Tom, please re-read your own words, right on this very area of the Forum: http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...;f=19;t=000024

Guys, I offered Tom a complete refund of the trade $ and the black Soloist. He flat out refused, (violently refused, flat out!) then I offered to pay the return shipping, again, he flat out refused. Then, (I know, how many times can you give a guy a chance, huh?) I offered to simply return the black Soloist and let Tom keep the red one, the $, and the guitar! Now that would have been a fair ending, but not for Tom.

Tom, you have the wrong impression of me. I have sold hundreds of guitars on this Forum, eBay, and elsewhere and never do I look to cheat anyone. Think about this: if I cheat anyone, how can I continue to sell/buy/trade with a serious hope for a good future?

Gentlemen of this Forum: you know me. I've been around since the early days way before the JCF was even on this ISP. Heck, I was around when Robb, Bret, Ralph, and Larry were the ultimate sites for Charvel/Jackson. I've dealt with some of you guys that long ago!!! And still do! As a long term/highly respected member of this Forum, my credibility has been attacked unjustly here.

Furthermore, I have bought/sold/traded on eBay since early 1999. With over 1060 all positive feedbacks I take these things VERY SERIOUSLY.

Each transaction should stand on its own. But I have a proven track record and as a school teacher, I am a man of honesty and integrity. Tom, I believe you are suffering from buyer's remorse, and let me remind you that YOU sought me ought. You contacted me first and you paid me knowingly and willingly, you traded me knowingly and willingly. This was not a forced sale.

And, lastly, I offered to make it all right for you, as I will do and have done to anyone who feels that way (not often at all!), and you STRONGLY refused it, Tom. What's a guy to do, aye?
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

So Tom, let me get this straight: you could have had your black Soloist back,
                  your money back, AND keep the red SD Soloist, and that wasn't enough to make you happy about having to rewire the Rhoads to work?? That's fuckin' NUTS, as far as I can see. If that didn't do it for you then you just decided you would not be made happy; like I said, that is
                  fucking nuts bro!!

Hey Joe, that St. Blues body I bought 3 years ago? It's great, but I just have a
                  bug up my ass! Send me a fucking Soloist immediately! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Just kidding, in case it wasn't obvious!!!
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Tom, one other issue, please understand I am NOT LAUGHING MY ASS OFF right now. I'm still upset by this whole thing, have been since the day you refused a reverse of the dealing. It's quite sad really, and I am moving on. Yes, I'm selling your Soloist on eBay right now, just as you sold mine last week. I honestly can't keep it around, makes me sick. I tried to do you right and you refused, so I have nothing more to say about it. Glad you're enjoying the yellow Rhoads, it was one of my finest...

Comment

Why do you continue to dodge the questions?
                      What is/was the deal with the Rhoads wiring?
                      Why did you not disclose that the SD was beat to hell? Why did you not disclose that the headstock was filed and spray painted? WHY??????????????????????? A deal was a deal, I said that at the time. I said virtually everything you just pointed out in my post above. All you did was say it again. There was no dispute about whether you offered to reverse the deal. I specifically said above that I AGREED TO IT! Answer the questions.. I conceded all of that crap you just said. It's a NON-POINT! I want to know what the cause of the Rhoads wiring mess? I want to know the answers to the above questions regarding the RED SD. That is what I want done! Answer the questions.

Comment

lerxst, my first post on this topic, up above, said that Joe told me recently that he offered that. I checked thru every email and did not find anything saying that he would mail the black SL1 back and leave the red beater with me. Guys, everything you are throwing at me I addressed in the post at the top of this page. I agreed to the deal. How many times do I have to acknowledge that. I did not accept a reversal for the reasons I outlined in the 1st post. Why are you attacking me on this? It is now like you are rubbing it in my face. There has been no comment on the misrepresentation of the guitar in question nor has there been any explanantion for the wiring issues. If any of you were in my shoes, you'd want the same questions answered and you'd be just as dismayed at some of the responses here.

Comment

I had that Sunset Rhoads for almost a year. Never did I notice any wiring problems with it. I am not dodging your questions, but I personally inspected that guitar prior to shipment, it was fine. In fact, I played it at band practice for a final "goodbye" once you told me you wanted it.

The SD Soloist was not filed down, it was not spray painted. It was in fully functioning condition and you know this, Tom.

I really don't get you, bro. I don't dick anyone, especially not someone who was a repeat customer. That guitar was as I described it both in narrative and in pictures.

And, ONCE AGAIN, if you felt otherwise, I offered a complete reversal of the dealing. There would have been no black balling, no "bad list" created. Sometimes internet deals don't turn out, I offered to make it right, that's all. I wouldn't hang your name out as a bad buyer, that's all opinion, just as this entire thread is!

Comment

Well, I want to kick in my .02 cents here. I've dealt with Joe on quite a few occasions now where he has purchased items from me and they always went smooth as silk. I had mentioned in the forum that I was interested in a Charvel 750 and he emailed stating he had one. I'm not going to go into details here but the deal flopped because of certain differences of opinion. Now Joe was fair and tried to work with me and make it up with different options and parts but there was a structural part of the guitar that was "too far gone" (in my opinion) for my tastes and I let him know that I was extremely unhappy about the "state" that it was in compared to the description he had given. As always, one mans opinion can always be different than the other so he offered me a refund and I sent his guitar back [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] . I thought that was fair and that was the end of that.
                            Dealing online has it's pitfalls but I honestly don't think Joe is out to really screw anyone Tom. If you truly believe that you should just shut up about a deal gone bad, I disagree. I know it is buyer beware but amongst friends/members, why should that hold true? If someone was unhappy with something I made for them or a replacement part they needed from my stash, I sure as hell would give them their money back if it was something they really didn't need or want. If he offered you a refund, maybe you should have taken him up on it and you wouldn't be so bitter. Sure, I lost the money that I had spend to send the guitar back to Joe, but that IS sometimes how it goes. I think you're a good guy Tom and I know how dealing with people online can get a little rocky but things can be worked out. I hope all goes well [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dave->
                            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Tom, here's the thing: The wiring is something pretty readily fixed, for not much money. If Joe says he offered you to keep both Soloists, I have no doubt
                              that he did, whether you can find the email or not. Your complaints placed against what Joe offered to make it right
                              add up to you being irrational about this. If especially you sold the guitar you didn't like at a profit, and the Rhoads is working fine, you're really making a mountain out of a molehill. oe is a standup guy, so yeah, if you're trying to tell us otherwise when we all know better, then you're blackballing yourself. We all know that some people
                              are never happy, and you are drawing attention to yourself in that regard. I think you need to take a look at the whole thing as though you weren't personally involved. I can't think of a single other negative feedback on Joe in
                              1-1/2 years I've been on the JCF, and his
                              Ebay feedback is pretty damn great too.
                              It seems like you got mad and brooded on this one, regardless of efforts to work it out. Your account versus Joe's is just not credible based on what we all know of him. Sorry, but I'm sure that's
                              what you're going to here from the brothers here.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X