Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ken (WarriorX7) is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken (WarriorX7) is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cool....but i'm gonna need you to explain exactly what the hell "snot covered glass" is...sounds REALLY gross!

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Re: Ken (WarriorX7) is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ummmmm........that is to say that....let's say you had a horrendous sinus infection, complete with....well, you get the idea...well if it happened that you sneezed with such force as to propel said snotular substance onto the glass, it would be quite the slick surface, yes? In a rather odd attempt at metaphor, I was equating the slick, smooth paint of the Explorer with the glass in this disgusting example. Of course, I could have just said that this paint is really slick, smooth, and....oh forget it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Congrats! I was at Ken's house and actually held that guitar with my greasy little hands... maybe that's what you felt on the neck. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        That guitar is definitely a beauty!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yep. that one is super nice.

Comment

ahhhhhh.....so THAT'S what that smell was when I opened the case..... [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes, Ken grades his guitars very strictly. When he sold me the Jigsaw Warrior it didn't appear to have been used at all. It was like going back in a time machine to get one from 1991.
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Joe...did yours have the snot on the back of it too?? Does Ken have some kind of chronic upper respiratory infection or something? Just curious.
                [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by tmdiamond:
                  ahhhhhh.....so THAT'S what that smell was when I opened the case..... [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It was the smell of "special sauce". [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Ken (WarriorX7) is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got done opening the box and case of Ken Francis' SD Explorer. I am completely amazed at the beautiful condition of this guitar. I have NEVER seen a guitar that was approaching its second decade of existence that looked as good as new...until today. The candy red paint on this is virtually flawless and shines like it was fresh from the factory. And no it hasn't had a refin. The pointy Jackson HS is ding free. I've seen new Jacksons with the points dinged.The frets have minimal wear, there is exactly ZERO corrosion on the metal hardware of this guitar. The back looks like snot covered glass with not even the slightest hint of buckle rash. And the neckplate is perfect as well. Ken is an honest, straightforward person to deal with as many of you know. He went out of his way to make this deal happen and I am 100% satisfied. I'm afraid to play this thing its so nice. I challenge anyone to find a San Dimas guitar in this good of condition. Even the Kahler works and looks like new. I am extremely satisfied and now I'm going to go it in my corner and play it a bit. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] Thanks Ken for a great guitar. Oh yeah, the case looks like it is near mint as well.

Comment

lol every time i get something from ken, it smells strongly of a combination of cigarettes, and guitar polish. But he doesn't smoke, so i'm always confused >.<

Either way, yep, great guy to deal with!

Comment

Originally posted by Kamo:
                        lol every time i get something from ken, it smells strongly of a combination of cigarettes, and guitar polish. But he doesn't smoke, so i'm always confused >.<
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ken smokes, unless he's very recently quit. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry, no snot glass, but it was shiny and brilliant. Ken's stint on AFF might have yielded some other juices... [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                          Gotta get away from here.
                          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                            Sorry, no snot glass, but it was shiny and brilliant. Ken's stint on AFF might have yielded some other juices... [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">D'OH!!!...LMAO!

Joe...yes I quit!, and didn't smoke when I had Kamo's guitar here for a refret. I had some buddies hanging out smoking up my garage, and that's the cigarette smell he picked up on his guitar. I usually polish everything I sell before I close the latches on the case to send it. You know...wipe off the "evidence"...LOL!

Tom...I'm really happy our deal went down! Everyone is happy!, and totally enjoy that axe!
                            May it bring you many years of musical devestation!

~Ken

snot-glass? [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by WarriorX7:
                              I usually polish everything I sell before I close the latches on the case to send it. You know...wipe off the "evidence"...LOL!
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought you usually swallowed the evidence. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X