Ken Francis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken Francis

Well what can i say? He's an awesome guy. You have to be patient though, because he's a pretty busy i guess. He's awesome when it comes to custom stuff. Not professional, but definately a hands on kinda guy.

So far, he's done a custom fretless neck for my bass, and he's refretted my GRX20.
    The Fretless came out almost perfect, and i couldn't be happier with it. If it were perfect, i'd probably not have as much appreciation for it. But since its handmade, *not done with a CNC mill*, It puts a little more feel and value into it imo.
    The GRX20 was done a little sloppy >.o but he did charge me half of what everyone else would have charged me, so i'm happy i got it done atleast.

Right now, i'm in the process of getting a custom feather style bass. Probably one of the last Sonic Feathers that will be made for a while, since Sonic Designs is out.

Re: Ken Francis

Back before the JCF existed, Ken sold me the Jigsaw Warrior, and really did me right on the shipment and terms of the sale. It was a tough sale for him, Ken sold off some of his better Warriors back then and I know they meant a lot to him. It was the most I ever spent on a guitar and he made it really easy and trustworthy. Rock on, Ken!
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Correction on the GRX20
      I kinda forgot that the GRX 20 was the cheepest Ibanez guitar that you can get. So ya,
      Indonesian Rosewood - Frets = wood coming off with frets. Sorry about that >.<

Comment

Yeah, Ken's really cool! I've been to his house and brought him some guitars to work on, and he's now doing a refin on a black Jackson H/S/S body I got with non-recessed Floyd. It will soon be a sunburst blue/gray snakeskin, the five-way switch filled in and three on/off switches in their place, black and blue DiMarzios, Schaller locking tuners and strap locks, and he'll be making me a 24-fret Carvin Strathead neck for it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'd disagree on the "not professional" grading of his work - more like "not Aged Master". The Bullseye job he did on my Explorer was/is killer - better than I could have done. It's got a few spots that could have come out better, and I'm sure they would have if he had been an "Aged Master" like Mike Shannon or whatnot, but hey, being my guitar, it would look like that (or worse) in 3 years or less anyway [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ken's a good guy and is great to deal with [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

oh well i was quoting him when he said i wrote "not professional" [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

awww...I'm feelin' all warm and fuzzy now....I wuv you guys! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously guys...thanks for all the cool words...it's all really really really appreciated!

Comment

Working...
              X