Charvel CS Star set up- Aces!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel CS Star set up- Aces!

Been 10 months or so since taking delivery on my cs Star and had an "ahah!" moment this morning in comparing the set up on it to my other axes. Gotta hand it to the guys in the Charvel cs- the ax arrived back in Feb. with a primo set up, as ordered, with the two springs on the trem and it still plays like butter. So, what's their secret? I have 8 other similar Floyded guitars, most with 2 springs that don't feel or play nearly as nice. My only hope is that Jackson CS (same people?) have the same quality set up on outgoing axes- a cs neck-thru Star is likely to be ordered from them within the next 6 months.

That is killer! How is that 24-fret neck on there?

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
      How is that 24-fret neck on there?
      With bolts, silly!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        With bolts, silly!
        You got me, Joe. Have you been watching too many "Airplane" movies lately?

Comment

Surely, I have!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Surely,
            983cf4d2-7cdf-47dd-816e-2bc11919f698.jpg
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
              That is killer! How is that 24-fret neck on there?
              Access to the last 2 or 3 frets gets dicey but it's still better than not having them at all. A neck-thru might help with that. The neck has the satin finish and the profile is absolutely killer. Think a flatter D shape. Love this guitar.

Comment

Working...
              X