Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 pickup questions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel San Dimas Style 2 pickup questions....

2hum 1vol. 3way switch....

neck+bridge pickups sound great when used alone in each respective postion...

My issue is that in the middle position (both pickups engaged, duh).. it sounds a bit brittle/treble-y and the output seems to dip a bit..

WTF.... and honestly the wiring is a bit weird to me.... Seymour's if i'm correct are normally Blk=hot, bare/green (ground) both go together....... and red and white link the coils (soldered together in this set up).......

my pickups have the green going to the 3 ways lug that all diagrams show the black going to (the neck/bridge input lug)..... and my pickups have the bare ground and the black going to the same lug that goes to ground.....

not sure if i've explained this well enuff at all... but it seems ass backwards to me....and there is a definite difference when i use the middle postion....

HELp

not sure about the wiring but it sounds like the pickups are out of phase. some guitars are wired like this on purpose.

Comment

That does sound like the wiring is reversed, but if both pups were wired the same way you technically wouldn't have a phase issue. The middle position switches them in parallel, which usually gives you a small volume drop. Was this wiring messed with?

Comment

Has'nt been messed with as far as i know..... I am the second owner...... i love the guitar 'cept for this....

Comment

From your description it sounds like they are not wired correctly (and are out of phase) so maybe the previous owner installed other pups and then changed back to the originals to sell the guitar.
          I would re wire them as per the Duncan wiring diagrams.

Comment

Guinny,
            i think thats what i'm gonna do............. thanks guys.....i'll keep ya's posted.
            Joe

Comment

Working...
            X