Franken Charvel project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franken Charvel project

I have completed a project to replace the body of my U.S Sandimas style 2 (Tele) with a style 1 Strat type body!

Why you ask? - Well I acquired the style 2 guitar when the first batch was released in the U.K back in 2009 by mail order. As a big Telecaster fan and collector of various Tele's over the years I went with that style andhad very few options on colour (slime green or candy tangerine).

Anyway - on receiving the guitar I was never really happy with the look and body shape for a Floyd twin humbucker geetar. I loved the neck and played this guitar to death live and in recording situations. I started to use it as a bit of a test board for different pickups and went through EMG'S - Duncans, Bare Knuckles and finally settled on a Dimarzio Evolution and Evo.

I have now sourced a Charvel Pro Mod body -Strat style with hard mounted humbucker routes so that I can have the colour and style I want with my own customized pick up choices (I also like direct mounted pickups).

Aint she pretty - plays and sounds awesome!

No problems or issues - Pro mod body was actually better cut and finished than the U.S, neck pocket fits like a glove,

Shot at 2011-12-09
    Last edited by Guinny; 12-09-2011, 01:45 PM.

I was half expecting some EVH striping with that title.

White/maple looks classic.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

What color is the Floyd? It's hard to tell with the flash on it? The guitar looks great!

Originally posted by Larz View Post
      I was half expecting some EVH striping with that title.
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

The Floyd is black which I much prefer to the chrome!
        I like the look of the all black Dimarzios on the white also.

Comment

Nice, no surprise that the Jap body is better than the US one, Japan (sadly) outshines anything US made these days, except maybe nukes.

Comment

Originally posted by Guinny View Post

Shot at 2011-12-09
            That thing is just so awesome. It looks killer with the blacked out Dimarzios without rings and the black hardware on the snow white body.

OMG....you're giving me GAS for one!
            Guitars:
            Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
            1988 Model 2,
            Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
            RR3
            Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
            1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
            2005 SG Special

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_CrazyTalk View Post
              Nice, no surprise that the Jap body is better than the US one, Japan (sadly) outshines anything US made these days, except maybe nukes.
              The original U.S body had awful paint residue and big lumps all over the front edge of the the trem cavity - I had to file in flat when I installed a big block because in was fouling on the edge.
              This guitar still has the Floyd big block installed and it makes a good deal of difference to the tone!

Comment

Working...
              X