Batman returns....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batman returns....

Returns to a charvel...the project is underway and sanding has begun...

I have had this batman mutt a while now and she just isnt playable anymore with some massive issues with the floyd posts and area around them. This body has been hacked and slashed into a shell of what it once was. It played really well for a short while but she has just seen more abuse than Pam Anderson.

So I am starting the sanding process refilling the neck HB, refilling the abomination of a recess for a floyd and generally just gonna revive this carcass.

I have been told by 4 people that this body was once a black rising sun.

This far 3 small sanding spots and some chips are confirming this so I think that will be the plan for the refin. If it werent for the butcher job on this thing it may be saveable but my god the paint on this thing is 9" thick and honestly it looks MUCH worse in person IMO than the pics lead on.

Here she is before tear down, I will update as I go with the sanding.

Game on! Death to the ultimate in Tacky Cartoon graphics.
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Ooooh a resto. Nice project. Are you going to try and restore it to it's complete original state? Or perhaps a mix of old & new school?

Comment

Batman, Witchblade, and Darkness? Holy crossover Batman!

Comment

I have never understood that graphic. its quality graphic, but just a strange concept.

it looks like the artist started one idea, then said, "no wait" and went on to the next idea, then said "no wait" and did that 2 more times.
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

so can you post pics of the problem areas on the floyd posts??? I would like to see whats wrong and how you fix them.

Comment

It's dead, Jim.

Comment

Tone the floyd posts are the old school non collared ones. They are wallowed and around them is cracked....Severely in multiple directions. I am going to fill and dowel the current holes and then use a filler product on the cracks.

Axe is this a sad moment??
              Haters gonna hate

Comment

Why not a new body and leave that one alone as a conversation piece. Just a thought.
                I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Why bother lol? I have hated that graphic from the start. Under it is a rising sun that I can recreate when im done. No reason not to IMO. Not a whole ton of real dimas bodies around and I have a vintage dimas pointy neck for it when its done.

The body is rendered useless as it is and well I just love to build. The graphic is special lol and if it was important to someone im sorry but it makes no sense none of the characters have anything to do with eachother, and honestly it looks beyond cheesy.

I have the time and ability to make it a functional piece again so thats the route im goin. I appreciate and hear your suggestions but I will be honest i dont understand them, its not like its an original im hacking up and parting out, its a clusterfuck im fixing.
                  Haters gonna hate

Comment

Keep up the good work, looking forward to progress pics.

Comment

I'd buy a set of the studs & bushings & you may not have to dowel?
                      It's all according how large the holes are wallowed out..\
                      Stew-Mac list a set cheap, here's the link..
                      http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,...e_Tremolo.html

Comment

fretsonthenet?

Comment

WRC Its not the wallowing I have used and replaced tons of em, it is cracked in multiple directions coming off them as well.
                          Haters gonna hate

Comment

Sounds like a nice project to me..
                            I'd also try an put it back as it was originally & fill in the recessed floyd & neck pickup + go with the rising sun..
                            Look forward to seeing the pics of the progress..
                            ROCK ON!!

Comment

Let me ask a dumb question.......... is it possible to carefully sand off the batman nightmare finish down to the original rising sun graphic and just preserve that and re clear coat over it? if so, that would be cool as the other side of the pillow.

Comment

Working...
                              X