New (used) Guitar Day! Charvel USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New (used) Guitar Day! Charvel USA

Wow.. .it's been a bit since I've posted! Well.. just want to say I love Facebook. An acquaintance posted that he was selling a Charvel for cheap last night and didn't provide any specs. Low and behold its one that I've wanted to get my grubby paws on for some time.

Its got character. Its been on a few tours with a Journey tribute band (Frontiers). I tore her down last night and gave her the treatment. Plays GREAT.. .much better mojo than my So-Cal but I'm guessing thats the "worn in" feel at work. Only thing not 100% pleased with is the neck pocket. There is about a .80mm gap. Is that unreasonable? Doesn't seem to impact the stability or tone the best that I can tell.

Doesn't have the original string locks or trem bar, he had replaced them with Gold ones and there are some pretty significant dings on bottom edge but I'm happy.

475.00 ...yes... I'm happy.

Great score!

Originally posted by guitarzan_josh View Post
    Low and behold

BTW it's Lo and behold
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Nice axe ,is that off white?

Comment

Truly that's a great score. I would have grabbed it in a heart beat. Regarding the neck pocket, if I got it new or if it effecting the sound or playability, then I would care. Otherwise, it's fine.

One item that I notice (and no biggie) is the logo seems to point more towards the tuners than other usa pro mods. Is it just the photo?

Comment

Originally posted by vondran View Post
          if I got it new or if it's affecting the sound
          Fixed
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

KILLER price my friend.. WOW!
            John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by vondran View Post
              One item that I notice (and no biggie) is the logo seems to point more towards the tuners than other usa pro mods. Is it just the photo?
              It`s just the angle that the pic was taken on.

Nice pick up dude, you`re lucky to get one with mojo too!

Comment

Only issue that I have had with this guitar is that the previous owner must have sweat battery acid b/c the E and A saddles were literally "rusted" where they wouldn't flex with the micro tuners on the bridge. I pulled it apart.. .soaked it in wd-40 and went at it with a toothbrush. Problem solved! I also gave the old truss rod a quick 1/8 of a turn. There was a little bit more bow than I normally like.

The neck is great. I wouldn't think there are differences in the So-Cal verses the San Dimas neck, right? Same specs?

Comment

Originally posted by guitarzan_josh View Post
                  Only issue that I have had with this guitar is that the previous owner must have sweat battery acid b/c the E and A saddles were literally "rusted" where they wouldn't flex with the micro tuners on the bridge. I pulled it apart.. .soaked it in wd-40 and went at it with a toothbrush. Problem solved! I also gave the old truss rod a quick 1/8 of a turn. There was a little bit more bow than I normally like.

The neck is great. I wouldn't think there are differences in the So-Cal verses the San Dimas neck, right? Same specs?
                  No, same guitar, minus pickguard and different pickups and controls..
                  I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Working...
                  X