Missing fret markers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing fret markers

I recently bought USA slime green SoCal from a dealer. I didn't notice until band practice that the fret markers on the side of the neck are missing. Is this normal on the SoCal? I have a USA SanDimas 1 and this has side fret markers. Would this be considered a factory defect and covered by the warranty? I'm thinking of taking the guitar back to the dealer.

That's funny, not that I have a SoCal, but I wouldn't expect an electric to be missing fret markers. Take it back.
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I'd take it back. Someone let it slip through QC before it went out.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

now it's a custom shop!

Comment

One-of-a-kind. Made especially for somebody famous who didn't like fret markers!

Comment

I'd be worried that the guitar isn't a '2nd' but then the other side of me thinks its a custom...

Dilemma that one. Wish they'd miss the fretmarkers off the actual board on some rosewood boards though I doubt it somehow...
            You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Drill and install your own a real easy fix if you have to have them.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Took the guitar back and the dealer has an authorized Fender repair man. He said it's a real easy fix on that type of neck and would be about $25. I'm having him do it since I do like the neck on it.

Comment

If he's an authorized repair man, YOU shouldn't have to pay for the problem to be fixed.

Comment

STOP! Get Metal ones installed....killer custom!
                    You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Did it have a reverse head and upside-down logo?
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If I don't want to pay anything I would have to wait for Fender to send a replacement neck which could take months.

It doesn't have a reverse headstock and I did check the other side to see if they were on the wrong side.

Comment

So just play it for a couple months and wait for the new one to arrive and swap it...

Comment

Don't they still want the original neck first before sending a replacement?
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yea, they'd have to send the original neck back. I also like the feel of this neck and a new neck might not feel the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X