Usa Pro Mod Neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usa Pro Mod Neck

Hi Guy's, i'm thinking of ordering a custom neck through musikraft for my spare style 2 body. Could someone please tell me the heel measurements of the original neck and any experiences good or bad you may have had ordering a neck through this company......Cheers and thanks.........Murray

I have had great experiences with Musikraft.

Comment

2 1/4 "

I'll order one eventually for my DK2. I'm not sure whether to order "heavily rolled" or "semi rolled" neck edges. Any info would be appreciated.

Comment

[QUOTE=Grawnday;1462519]2 1/4 "

Thanks Grawnday, i was wondering about the rolling of the edges as well. Do you know if the screw holes they drill in the heel will match up for the pro mod? Thanks

Comment

I don't know about the holes. You know, promod neck prices on Ebay are pretty low and you get the oil finish.

Comment

Ive been keeping an eye out for a usa neck from reliablefender on ebay but they only seem to be selling the japanese variety. I kinda like the lighter finish on the usa necks, so may just wait for one to pop up.........

Comment

I too would appreciate some advice on this topic. I have a 2008 USA San Dimas style 1 and would basically like a virtually identical neck to put on a custom strat project. I've checked out "reliablefender" on fleabay, but he's only doing the jap necks (not played one, but thet don't look as good to me). Would Warmoth or Musikraft be a better option? If so, what specs should I go for to get the feel I'm after? Thanks for all advice.

Comment

I've got a Japan neck and have owned several stock USA ProMods. I prefer the feel of the Japan neck. The USA necks did feel nice and worn, like the 83 San Dimas I had, but those necks varied in profile and feel, so comparing one to any other really becomes a matter of luck.

The Japan neck feels a tad thinner and narrower at the nut to me.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I would question the heel fit. Since each neck and body were hand fitted would there be variances in swapping them from guitar to guitar. Gaps? I know they are all supposed to be 2 1/4" but since they varied in feel/ shape?

Comment

Fits fine. Not super-duper tight like some of them did (the Pagan Gold neck I had refused to go onto the Candy Green body, while the same neck had no trouble going onto the Candy Plum body), but not wobbly.

I'd say if you're getting a custom neck made, have them make the heel a tad wider than spec and shave it down with sandpaper yourself.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      I've got a Japan neck and have owned several stock USA ProMods. I prefer the feel of the Japan neck. The USA necks did feel nice and worn, like the 83 San Dimas I had, but those necks varied in profile and feel, so comparing one to any other really becomes a matter of luck.

The Japan neck feels a tad thinner and narrower at the nut to me.
                      Amen brother.. The jap necks feel WAY different and much better to me as well.. Those USA necks do NOTHING for me..
                      John 3:16

Comment

The fretwork on my MIJ is finshed off better than my USA`s but it`s not like there`s barbed wire popping out the side of the neck on my USA`s...
                        After playing my MIJ for a few hours and then picking up one of my USA`s those necks are still fine too...

I like the profile on my USA So-Cal the best though, my MIJ Wild Card is also killer, they`re all killer necks IMO...

Guys, I think we`re a bit spoilt with these Pro-Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Sandman View Post
                          Guys, I think we`re a bit spoilt with these Pro-Mods
                          Probably off topic but the pro mods are what got me into Charvel. I knew of the brand but nothing of the history. The necks on these seem to suit my hands much more than the ibanez i grew up on. Could somebody tell me if the neck on the guitar in this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB4RDssA8YM is similar to the pro mods. I must say that is my dream guitar. Cheers

Comment

Just got this neck in from Musikraft and I am very happy with it. Great quality.
                            22 Frets
                            12-16 radius
                            Thin Jumbo Frets
                            Walnut Dot Markers
                            Thin C Profile

Last edited by Radiohead; 10-30-2011, 08:37 AM.

Comment

That neck looks very nice, almost what im after except i was thinking the abalone or mother of pearl dot markers. What body are you putting the neck in?

Comment

Working...
                              X