Neal Schon with a new Charvel Tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neal Schon with a new Charvel Tele

This was referenced in another thread, so I googled and found it pretty quickly on a LP forum. Looks like he got it sometime in the last few years, awesome. Appears to have a sustainer, too.

Now that's an endorsement Charvel could use.

Fuggin AWESOME!!!

I want that!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Seriously, this is one of the few guitars that got me excited..

That's class!!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That guitar is indeed awesome. But from what I understand, Neal Schon is a nightmare endorsee.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
          That guitar is indeed awesome. But from what I understand, Neal Schon is a nightmare endorsee.
          why is that? is he a pain in the ass?

I like the floyd on it. I remember on the journey DVD he had several PRS guitars with Floyds on all of them. Very cool to see that.

That guitar isnt as hot as his new girlfriend though.
          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
            why is that? is he a pain in the ass?

I like the floyd on it. I remember on the journey DVD he had several PRS guitars with Floyds on all of them. Very cool to see that.

That guitar isnt as hot as his new girlfriend though.
            Yeah, pain in the rear. Here is a thread that gives some info:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/s...d.php?t=220748

Comment

Thats cool...

Comment

That's great for charvel but as a guitar player is is way over rated. 2 good guitars solos in his career the rest have no life to them. As a person he's an ahole to band members and he just got married and is now screwing amarried women whom he has been friends with the couple for years. nice

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                  That's great for charvel but as a guitar player is is way over rated. 2 good guitars solos in his career the rest have no life to them. As a person he's an ahole to band members and he just got married and is now screwing amarried women whom he has been friends with the couple for years. nice
                  what were the 2 good guitar solos???
                  "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                    Now that's an endorsement Charvel could use.
                    Like a hole in the head.
                    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

[QUOTEwhat were the 2 good guitar solos??? ][/QUOTE]one is separate ways, the other I don't remember I just remember back in 2006 they were here co headlining with def leppard and I had 20th row seats. I coudn't wait for the their set to end, I forgot how many popular crappy songs they had and how boring his solo work is. I like more than 2 of their songs but I remember that only 2 had something to their solos.

Comment

what i find funny is how schon and lifeson seem to go back and forth between PRS and gibson....

as far as schon and the tele - that is a sweet guitar!!!

my opinion on schon as a charvel endorser, i don't see him being able to create a viable product image by using the brand. he is know for using "classic" guitars - or variations of classic guitars. yes he uses a floyd, but i read in a GP article that he likes it for the tuning stability, not for crazy bar-wankery. unless of course charvel wants schon to play desolation series guitars. THAT makes sense.....at least to me.

regarding charvel and their endorsement policy....i have always thought that charvel should approach endorsements in a way similar schecter....create "street teams", hook up working bands at the ground level with guitars, sponsor local events/regional tours....charvel has the desolation series now, which, as we all know, easily compete with the schecter diamond series and the 200-600 series LTD guitars. hook up bands that gig at least 100 shows a year and have a good regional following with those guitars. to me that would be a solid marketing/branding plan, especially since those guitars are mass produced in china.
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post

More like 2 dozen great solos. Forget the radio friendly stuff, he's an awesome player.

Comment

Ima agree with rich. I like journeys songs but his playing isn't all that. Most people forget that journey was a band before Steve Perry came along....because Steve Perry made the band.
                            I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

thats a cool telly, &im usually not fan of the tele shape at all

Comment

Working...
                              X