Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much should I expect to pay for a used USA San Dimas or So-Cal Pro-Mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much should I expect to pay for a used USA San Dimas or So-Cal Pro-Mods?

Title says it all. Lol. I do like the import versions but I prefer the necks on a USA version as they are unfinished, I just didn't have the onley to get one when they were in the shops. What we be a good amount to pay for one? Thanks guys.
    2002 Classical Acoustic
    2003 Cruiser by Crafter Strat
    2003 B.C. Rich Mockingbird "Firebreather" L.E.
    2005 Jackson DKMG
    2003 Fender Stratocaster Candy Apple Red Satin L.E.
    2008 Ibanez JS100
    2009 B.C. Rick KKV
    2009 Ibanez RG350MYE L.E.
    2005 Jackson RR3 Crimson Swirl
    1989 Charvel 375 DLX
    2010 Jackson JS30KV
    2010 Fender JR Telecaster
    2003 Fender Jag-Stang
    2010 Charvel San Dimas Pro Mod
    1988 Charvel Model 4
    2007 Jackson RR24
    2012 Jackson SDX Adrian Smith
    sigpic

Paid £425 for my San Dimas USA model 1 in 2009. Mint. Greatest neck I've ever felt on a guitar.

Comment

Yeah they seem to be selling for around the £430-£500 mark in the UK. USA or Japan. Higher than that they just don't seem to sell, with case or not. In fact someone's breaking one on Ebay in an effort to extract more cash I imagine.

In the US, the first line USA ones they seem to go for $700 = about £450 on the cheap side with case +. Yes, about as much as discounted new ones went for. I think list price was $900 but most are well in advance of that for the first Fender USA run now. But you are looking at shipping £50 - £100 and possibly 20% VAT on that price too, depending on how the seller declares it with the customs slip.

You can get the Jap ones new for £600 from Thomann Cyberstore, Germany. NO Vat as they are in the EU hopefully.

Only problem with UK used ones is that ALL seem to be black. FFS. And the new ones are well overpriced. Same list price in Sterling as in dollars. So that's $1400 for a Jap pro mod new. F that.

Who buys a black guitar new? Do they think it makes them look slimmer or something?

Boring.
      Last edited by ginsambo; 09-26-2011, 01:17 PM.
      You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

I know Guitar Center's online used section has used USA Charvels. They can be found in the $600USD range. Just not sure if Guitar Center will ship to the UK. It's worth looking into it chaps.

Comment

They WILL if we buy ten of them!

I am starting to think that I should have bought the USA Style 1C 1H Fiesta Red Wildcard w/ rosewood board and single humbucker on Fleecebay a few months back for $700 ish.

I've seen the last remaining stocks snapped up for $1100+ and none are about used it seems. Found one in the UK/Europe for £1200 new.... Hmmmm, donno if its worth that much..

I hope they are not going to be the next collectors item, as it seems so, for what is essentially just a production Fender guitar. I would make one but its getting hold of a genuine Charvel 'Fender Headstock' neck with Rosewood board.

There were some USA 2H trans magentas on Fleecebay US. Maybe just commit to getting one of them?

Comment

I recently acquired a USA So Cal (white with a black pick guard) for $625. It is in perfect condition and came with the case, tags, warranty card and still had plastic on the scratchplate, (notice the correct terminology for you across-the-pond people.)

Comment

Yeah, from what I've researched...the mint used variety are cheaper in shops or sold privately. People are just sitting on them on Fleecebay, thinking they are the next big thing.

Comment

There were two USA So Cals listed in the local Craigslist for $700 and both guys said they'd take $650. A USA San Dimas Style II (tele) was posted for $500 and sold before I could grab it and another one was posted for $600 and took a while before it finally sold. A little while ago a green USA So Cal was on Ebay with a starting bid of $600 + shipping and no one bid on it. The seller relisted it and it sold for $680 + shipping.

Comment

Working...
                X