Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time away from this forum and New Guitar Day

Hello,

I've just started checking back on this forum after being away for quite a while. I had a question about the Japan Charvels vs the Jackson DKMGs/DK2 etc regarding their necks and playability, I posted this in the import charvel section and got a bunch of helpful replies.

I decided to go visit the various local music stores to see if anyone had one of the Japan Charvels to take a look at it. Long story short, I found myself in a deal for a mint condition USA Charvel San Dimas style #2, the one with 2 seymour duncan pickups, real floyd rose bridge and the telecaster body style. Man this thing is great! $600.00 and it was mine, I THINK this was a good deal, but the guitar is so good I'm not worried I got ripped off.

Most recent gutars I have played/owned were Jackson PS4, SLSMG, DKMG, Fender Strat Elite, and some Guild solidbody with a Kahler.

The Charvel is the best Guitar I have ever owned for sure, it's a keeper! This is my first guitar with an unrecessed floyd, this will take a bit of adjustment.

Today was a good day!!

Welcome back, dude!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I certainly dont think you got skint at $600. those are damn nice guitars and worth it all day long. I have a buddy with the same guitar and he loves his. Its a damn nice ride.

Congrats!
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I think you got a pretty great deal at $600. Those Style 2's are great. Which colour did you get?

Comment

I got the black one. String action is a bit higher than my other guitar, but I think I may keep it that way, I like it so far.

It seems to be a bit more neck heavy than my Jackson PS-4, I need to find the right adjustment for the strap, probably need a strap that tends to slide less on T-shirts.

It's been a long time since I have played with any regularity, my fingertips are killing me right now. I believe this guitar is strung with "10s", my PS-4 is strung with "9s'.

Comment

Working...
          X