No announcement yet.

Charvel USA ProMods in stock anywhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel USA ProMods in stock anywhere?

I realise these have been discontinued now, but was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere with stocks still available? And also somewhere that ships internationally if possible.

Thanks in advance folks, it's appreciated.

your best bet is ebay

Comment

Last of the new stock at reasonable prices has gone now on ebay. Watched a USA trans pink candy 2H go...then a red USA wild card 1H all new old stock, without warranty for around $600. The old stock remaining is stupidly priced, £1000 or more, almost as if someone has bought up all the guitars, only to immediately relist them for $400 more (I've seen it happen). Greedy c@nts.

Depressingly, used guitars are now listed for more than the old stock was priced, but they do include a case.

Japanese ones are still OK price wise.

I held off, as I wasn't familiar with a single locking trem set up and of course heard the jap models were superior to the USA ones... Alas, now I've build an Eddie Ojeda replica Kramer Baretta/Pacer and found I love the way the single locking trem sits higher out of the body, as opposed to the SL3 double locking which is lower on the face of the guitar, it is too late.

Having a Model 1A, with a chunky neck and a SL3 with a skinny, I can really imagine appreciating the rolled fretboard edges and that charvel neck which is probably inbetween the two. Bridge height is perfect. I can imagine if I get one it will be the only one I ever play again....

Wish I'd bought the wildcard...or the 2H, or any of them

Whilst I am guessing that these are fender built guitars, I can already see that their value is rocketing, beyond their purchase price....at least the sellers seem to think so.
      You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

I have a Wild Card #3, and it's quickly becoming my favorite guitar over my Les Paul and Kelly. It's got awesome tone and feels great!

Comment

Try Guitars Etc in Longmont, CO: http://guitarsetc.net/

They had some last time I was in there, but that was a little while back.

Comment

Try calling/emailing some Sam Ash stores. I've been to a couple different stores in the last month or so and they have all had several pro mods. I was in the Sam Ash in Cleveland yesterday and they 4, including a dead calm aqua for $699.

Comment

Original poster wants USA. Dead Calm Aqua is Japan.

Comment

Performance Music Center in Woburn, MA still had a couple last time I was there. I have to pickup an amp sometime this week, I'll try to remember to see what they have and report back.
                ----------------------------------------------------------
                Jackson Custom Shop Snowblind Soloist
                Ibanez RG-PR1
                Ibanez JCRG21A
                EBMM JP7
                Fender USA Tele ('92)

Comment

Originally posted by EvilEmuOfDoom View Post
                  Performance Music Center in Woburn, MA still had a couple last time I was there. I have to pickup an amp sometime this week, I'll try to remember to see what they have and report back.
                  I think they sold the tangerine san dimas but still have a style 2 san dimas (tele body) and a red single hum wild card left of the USA Charvels. They had a used blue san dimas but I think that is gone as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kempo Bulldog View Post
                    I think they sold the tangerine san dimas but still have a style 2 san dimas (tele body) and a red single hum wild card left of the USA Charvels. They had a used blue san dimas but I think that is gone as well.
                    Bummer, those were hanging around for a long time. I came sooooo close to buying that blue one it's not even funny. It was used but practically mint! They had a used Green San Dimas last time I was in that was really nice as well.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------
                    Jackson Custom Shop Snowblind Soloist
                    Ibanez RG-PR1
                    Ibanez JCRG21A
                    EBMM JP7
                    Fender USA Tele ('92)

Comment

Guitar Center's used gear (online) has a few in the 600-700 range. Check their site.

Comment

I bought both of my USA Charv last year from 8th Street Music. Last I looked which was about a month ago they had 1 left.
                        Jackson USA Select SL1T Soloist
                        Charvel USA San Dimas Style 1 HSS
                        Charvel USA San Dimas Style 2 2h
                        Gretsch G6128T-TVP
                        Gibson LP Traditional
                        Gibson J-185 EC
                        Hagstrom XL5
                        Hagstrom Select Ultra Swede
                        Walden T550 EC

Comment

Yeah 1 San Dimas Style 2

http://www.8thstreet.com/product.asp...ectric_Guitars
                          Jackson USA Select SL1T Soloist
                          Charvel USA San Dimas Style 1 HSS
                          Charvel USA San Dimas Style 2 2h
                          Gretsch G6128T-TVP
                          Gibson LP Traditional
                          Gibson J-185 EC
                          Hagstrom XL5
                          Hagstrom Select Ultra Swede
                          Walden T550 EC

Comment

A local shop finally is carrying them where I live. I thought the over all feel was real good. I was a bit disappointed in the QA of the guitar tho. The guitars were so new they hadnt tuned them yet and the one I played the volume knob was lose and the toggle knob was in a total unusable angle. All easy fixes and I still want one.
                            Just one more guitar!

Comment

Thanks for all the help folks. It's all very much appreciated. I think i've managed to find a couple of possibilities so fingers crossed. Any more info though would be very much welcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X