Can someone ID this neckplate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone ID this neckplate?

I'm looking at a Model 1 which is being presented as a USA Charvel and rec'd a pic of this neckplate. I don't recognize this style and thought someone more experience might be able to comment on it.

Thanks.
    Last edited by b2sc; 08-05-2011, 01:40 PM.

Not sure but those dont look like factory bolts and Ive never seen a yellow model 1 before unless its a white that has really aged. The plate looks similar to those that Ive seen on some older evh guitars but I think those has the san dimas address on them.

Comment

It's a refin'd body so don't let the yellow throw you. All the plates I've seen have had an address or Made in USA on them. This has neither. This plate is making me scratch my head. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Might be a fake / forgery

Comment

Got any pics of the whole guitar?

As for the plate, it's legit, not a USA plate though. I believe that came from a Korean Charvel.
          Here's one I found on eBay... http://cgi.ebay.com/Chrome-Charvel-N...-/190543416018
          And another... http://cgi.ebay.com/Charvel-Neck-Pla...-/270775721802

$%28KGrHqMOKpIE3tbWfed0BN8S7iOQo!~~_3.JPG

$%28KGrHqYOKkYE4CFb50uRBODfn3%28L3w~~_3.JPG
          Last edited by rjohnstone; 08-05-2011, 05:37 PM.
          -Rick

Comment

What charvels were korean? I know the charvettes were but maybe the cx series?

Comment

Charvettes were made in Japan and Korea some of the Jackson performers as well.
              That plate is a newer import plate 2000's maybe.Could be a Japan market only plate due to the serial number.
              Japan started with a 9 Korea was 99 India was 10.IIRC.
              Neck screws are Home Depot mojo screws.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                Korea was 99 India was 10.IIRC.
                No.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ok, I found this guitar on ebay last night. Tiger stripe? Looks like a real mixed bag parts mutt. Lots of stuff looks strange.

Comment

Yes, that's the one. I've wanted a bengal shredder for a while and this one initally looked pretty cool w/the OFR and replaced pickup.

I've decided to pass on this one since I snagged a bengal DKM2 w/EMGs for 4 bills this morning...

Thanks for the help in deciphering this one.

Comment

Cool, post pics when you get it.

Comment

Thanks Ron you are more up on that stuff anyway.*I bow to your vast knowledge*
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Korean serials started with 10 IIRC.

For Indian serials ----> http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/121...-number-format

Comment

Ron, which charvels were made in korea? I know of the charvettes and some of the jackson performers, but which charvels?

Comment

Hell, I don't know, ask rjohnstone!

Comment

Working...
                              X