San Dimas Rhoads V with Kahler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Dimas Rhoads V with Kahler?

I'm looking for some info on a Charvel I saw recently.
    It was a Charvel V with harpoon-style headstock, 2 hums/2 vol/2 tones, Kahler trem, finished in black with white polka dots and matching headstock. Bowtie inlays on a rosewood board, San Dimas plate 39xx.

I've never seen one before and in searching the web this is the closest thing I could find:

http://www.sandimascharvel.com/rrpolka.htm

Anybody ever seen one of these before? Pretty uncommon?

Very uncommon. I have only seen that one of Bret's and heard of one other owned for a while by a friend on another board. I think I remember hearing that one changed hands again recently, and it might even be the one you saw. There may have been more, but not many.

Comment

i know of one similar guitar that was owned by George Lynch, and is now in the hands of a charvel collector.

Comment

OK, here it is.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

WOW!
          "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

IIRC I knew of 2 built. It's possible there are more. I haven't talked to Bret in a while but he probably still has his
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I remember way back when (82'?) seeing one on display at Brian's Guitars in New Haven Connecticut. Me and my friends used to walk in and see it all the time. It's funny, we used to be talking about all of the guitars and then when we walked by the Charvel Rhoads everyone became silent - it was like some kind of holy experience. We didn't dare ask to play it.

Comment

Very cool Vs! Interesting to see the difference between the 2 of them with inlays and layout of the dots. I like the second one much better.

Comment

Both guitars are awesome.

This is what Charvel was all about in the 80s. Anything you wanted, no matter how outrageous, they would do it.

It's really too bad that FMIC corporate legal has tied J/C's hands ever so tightly over these kinds of body styles. I would love to do a Charvel bolt-on Roundhorn V. ...Just not gonna happen, though.

Comment

This guitar was found in CT...could possibly be the same one I suppose...

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
                    I remember way back when (82'?) seeing one on display at Brian's Guitars in New Haven Connecticut. Me and my friends used to walk in and see it all the time. It's funny, we used to be talking about all of the guitars and then when we walked by the Charvel Rhoads everyone became silent - it was like some kind of holy experience. We didn't dare ask to play it.

Comment

To try to find out more about this guitar, I sent an e-mail to Charvel customer service with some pics and the serial number. Here's their reply:

"This guitar precedes any records that we have regarding Charvel products. You may try a longtime Jackson/Charvel dealer that may have had one of these guitars through there store for any possible further details...."

I don't know, but that respose kinda sounds like BS to me. What do you guys think?

Comment

Fender has all the old Charvel build records(although they say that they do not), but they do not make them public and will not give you any information.

Comment

Working...
                        X