Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Charvel Custom Shop Jim Root Guitar

Hey guys,

I just got my new Charvel Jim Root CS off Ebay and it is a great guitar. I think it might be the first Nitro Relic Charvel ever did?!

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It plays and sounds very nicely. I was not actually planning on buying a Charvel CS soon because I got a Custom Shop Order going, which is more 80s style but I had to have this one.

I found a thread on here mentioning about Jim getting this in the factory:
    http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/690...m+root+charvel

I wanted to know if you guys know anything else about this one, maybe also pictures or else.

I will post some more better pictures of it soon.

Cheers

i know nothing about it, but it looks very cool!! congrats!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Your best bet for info on that guitar will be to track down Bengal from that thread you posted, since he is close to Jim Root. Very interesting how his story differs from the one in the auction. Screwup or intentional relic? Unfortunately, he hasn't been around here for a couple of years, but he may be on other boards. Someone here might know where he hangs out these days, if anywhere.

Comment

yeah, I thought about writing bengal but I couldn´t find a mail or message option anywhere... so any info on his whereabouts would be cool too.

and it is definately a relic. even the pickguard and backplate is reliced. there are fine crackles in the nitro finish all over like they do it with ice spray in the custom shop. otherwise jim root must have played it like hell...
        I will post some more better picture so you can see the guitar better.

Comment

I think I see Bengal on Harmony Central forums from time to time (haven't been there in ages).

Comment

Alvin Wilson may still keep in touch with Bengal. Not sure though.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I just wrote a bit with Bengal on Harmony Central. Thanks for the hint!

Here a few more pictures:

Comment

I think it would look better if the neck had a skunk stripe....I am suspect about the neck..note the truss rod at headstock
                Last edited by gtrbuyer; 07-29-2011, 03:50 PM.
                www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

My guess is that's how they made it for him. He's a Fender guy, and I think they may have been trying to woo him into endorsing Charvel, so they could have made it as Fender-like as possible for that reason, or he specified it. Love Slipknot or hate 'em, that would've been a pretty huge thing for Charvel. He ended up doing his sig Fender Tele shortly after this, iirc.

Comment

I talked to Bengal who was his guitar tech at that time and he verified that this is one of the two Charvels Jim got right before he switched to Fender. He returned them both pretty soon and the other one he got was a total bummer. So that might have been the reason why he went to Fender.

And I agree that it would look better with skunk stripe but now it has the trussrod adjustment at the headstock and is more practical. It plays and sounds great.

Comment

Working...
                    X