X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought this Custom Shop Charvel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsPwPMKo46w

Just bought this exact guitar today!

I thought the US San Dimas necks were great but when you try one of these....wow!

The playabilty and feel of this guitar is fantastic.

Cool axe...congrats!

Comment

Love Yellow...

Comment

Nice! congrats to you and enjoy it.

Comment

Yeah, those are sweet - I know some folks hated the relicing and the recessed trem, but I thought it was all pretty cool...
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
            Yeah, those are sweet - I know some folks hated the relicing and the recessed trem, but I thought it was all pretty cool...
            I'm not a big fan of relicing but I just fell in love with the feel of the guitar when I played it!

I also prefer a recessed trem to flat mounted but thats just a personal thing.

I might consider routing and putting a single coil neck pup in as it is a little restricted in sounds with just a single humbucker.

Comment

I just ordered a CS San Dimas 2H with vintage trem from Ishibasi on an impulse, at the price (around US$1K shipped), even though it has a few nicks & dings it seemed like a great opportunity to get some CS wood on the (relatively) cheap. Should be here next week.

I know "Pics or it didn't happen" :-)
              Model 3
              Model 5A
              Model 3B
              Journeyman
              Custom Shop San Dimas s/n 8511

Comment

I just ordered a hand wound relic strat neck pick up from Bareknuckle.
                I'm going to rout neck pup out on a milling machine so thats its a verey proffesional job. I just want this amazing guitar to have that extra versatility because I can then use this for eveything!

Comment

That's like an exact, exact replica of an early '80's model. Even got a 2 & 3/16" neck pocket by the looks of it. Old school. Just need to mount pickup directly on the body without the surround.
                  You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

A beautiful one for sure !
                    Jackson SLAT-QH CSB
                    Charvel SD Warren DeMartini Crossed Swords
                    Jackson SL-2H LS

Comment

Very cool! I'd get a push/pull pot first so you can split the humbucker instead of routing it.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Don't route it Chap! Listen to the Toe.

Comment

Another vote for the Toe's idea.
                          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

She's a beauty! Was up at a fair price considering the rarity of this kind of thing in the UK too. Nice score.

And yes, go with the Toe. Taking the tools to a nice axe like this when you've only just picked it up sounds nuts! At least try a less invasive solution first.
                            http://www.mattdixon.co.uk/

Comment

I know ...it's a difficult decision!

The only thing I wasn't happy about when I decided to buy this guitar was the lack of pup options.
                              I actually went into the shop with zero intention of buying a guitar and certainly not a Charvel CS Relic. Once I picked it up I just couldn't stop myself getting the credit card out!
                              It really is the best guitar I have ever owned and beleive me I've spent some money on guitars along the way.

I guess routing out the body will devalue the guitar but then again I have no ittention of ever seling.

I welcome any more feedback..............the single coil relic pup does look very tasty though!

Comment

Working...
                              X