problem with paint on my charvel tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with paint on my charvel tele

i just got a nos usa charvel tele all black, anyone else had poblems with the paint, i bumped it today and now the paint is flakeing off, also the block on the floyd is not the right size the springs are hitting the inside of the body. Anyone have these problems?

Originally posted by Randy View Post
    i just got a nos usa charvel tele all black, anyone else had poblems with the paint, i bumped it today and now the paint is flakeing off, also the block on the floyd is not the right size the springs are hitting the inside of the body. Anyone have these problems?
    Was the paint flaking before you bumped it?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

the paint is just real thin along the edges of the guitar,

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
        also the block on the floyd is not the right size the springs are hitting the inside of the body. Anyone have these problems?
        My springs rub the body too but only on a total dive bomb. I believe someone posted that they changed the block size to address the issue. Mine is 0012xx. I don't know when this supposed change took place.

Comment

They came with a 37mm block at first, and they scraped. I don't know when it was changed, but I bought one of the flat black wildcards and it had a 40mm block. I'm not sure it's really an issue if the guitar is set up "normally" because the tip of the tremolo would be almost into the front of the guitar before it scraped.

Comment

I have an 08 and no issue with mine.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

My new Black USA SD style 1 is damn near perfect. No paint issues and the frets are spot on. The trem bar has some wiggle but a quick change to a German bar I had laying around and now it is nice and snug!

Comment

Working...
              X