I might of got a fake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might of got a fake

I just got my 2008 Candy Green USA So Cal in the mail yesterday, I noticed on the back of the headstock that it doesn't have the FMIC headstock disclaimer on the back. The guitar has all the exact same hardware and everything. I mean it looks real and plays amazing but if its a warmoth build, I wasn't under the impression I was getting a warmoth guitar. Serial says 001983 on the plate.

The disclaimer sticker peels off easy. Someone probably just took it off. To be sure, you could post some photos so we can verify.

Comment

sigpic
      Action Jackson

Comment

The control cavity is different and their necks don't feel the same. you could always pull the neck off and see if it says warmoth on the heel/neck pockets. BUT since that sticker comes off really easily I would say put on your tinfoil hat and not worry about it.

Comment

I mean if its fake, someone went to extreme lengths to get the same candy green and hardware to make an exact copy with the exception of the coil tap.

Comment

I'm sure you didn't, considering "might of" does not even make sense...
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              I'm sure you didn't, considering "might of" does not even make sense...

sigpic
              Action Jackson

Comment

might HAVE
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I think your good, but if you want to be 100% sure, your going to half to remove the neck and take a pitcher of the neck pocket.

Nice one by the way, Candy Green never got a lot of love, but I really dug the one I had. Looked fantastic with chrome hardware and vintage white guard.

greensocal2.jpg
                  Last edited by 6string40; 07-06-2011, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
                    I think your good, but if you want to be 100% sure, your going to half to remove the neck and take a pitcher of the neck pocket.
                    i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You disappoint me Ron...you missed one!!!!

Comment

wats wit all da gram her korectshuns on this form?!!>! kant wii jus all b nyce n help each other owt?

Comment

Hey...I did both...at least give me partial credit!

Comment

i am the undisputed king of buying fakes. ask anyone. and for big bucks too.
                            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post

Nice one by the way, Candy Green never got a lot of love, but I really dug the one I had. Looked fantastic with chrome hardware and vintage white guard.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2419[/ATTACH]
                              looks very nice. How does it sound with those pickups?
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X