EVH art series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH art series

(The ones that sell for 2,000 or so, not the signed ones).
    Are these any good? Overpriced? How does the neck feel compared with a MIJ '87 Model 6?
    Are there better USA Charvels to be had for this kind of money?
    Thanks!
    My other signature says something funny

They're great guitars, but they have an asymmetrical neck profile specified by Ed, which supposedly goes all they way back to a really worn neck that he had copied for one of his sig models (back with Kramer, I think, but someone here will know the exact story). It's a little more Wolfgang-ish than a regular Charvel backshape, and iirc they have a 1 5/8" nut width rather than 1 11/16". Not at all like a Model 6. You pretty much have to try one out to see what you think. I think they're very playable, but I much prefer the Charvel pointy or CS strathead backshape. As for whether something else is "better" for the money, a lot of it will boil down to how much value you put on the paintjob of the EVH. For me, the answer is yes, there are better choices, but ymmv.

Comment

dg summed it up pretty well. Absolutely great guitars. I'll add that the custom pickup in the EVHs is pretty awesome, too. And you can't get it anywhere else. Otherwise, everything pretty much comes down to your personal preferences.

Comment

I got nothing more to add other than what has been said. Well, maybe a little more. My EVH is just a great workhorse. The pickup is awesome! I liked the basswood body so much I ended up ordering a custom shop guitar made from basswood. I don't know where the hate came about around basswood but the two that I have sound great. The neck feels really damn good. Its different but it feels natural. Great guitars.
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

Comment

Have all 3 of them... here is what i first thought of when you posted your question... the price now is great with this economy.
            You can snag one for $1400.00 easily... so for that $'s its a great guitar! Neck is thicker that other Charvels...more like the PC-1
            Phil Collen shape.

Last edited by Robert Burns; 07-07-2011, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Nice!
              Yeah, the one I was looking at was 1750 used on craigslist, so not exactly a bargain.

Comment

The only ones I've seen go for $1400.00 0n Ebay are the White ones. The Bumblebee and red ones have been going for 1700.00 and up. Do a search of completed listings on the bay.

Comment

I think there is someone here in the DFW area asking 2K for a red one.
                  http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

A red one just sold on the bay for $2400.00.

Comment

Working...
                    X