SOCAL Pick Guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOCAL Pick Guard

First off, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's asked this question before...so it wouldn't hurt to make a sticky on this here! I searched the website and I had trouble finding whether or not a standard fender USA pick guard will line up with a Socal Charvel. I Just purchased my Candy Green USA socal(SEXY) and I want to get a purple marble pickguard for it from warmoth. If anyone has experience with them let me know! Judging from the lay out of the socal electronics I would eliminate everything except for the volume hole and the tone 1 spot to leave for my volume knob and my 3 way pick up selector. Is this correct or do I need custom sized holes to fit the socal electronics? Also is it an 11 hole pick guard? I'm not 100% sure. Thanks!

Count the holes in your pickguard, then compare the location of the one near the bottom middle (where the middle pickup would be) to their chart. It'll tell you which one you want.

I've got a couple of Warmoth pickguards in S-S-S and H-S-H, and they all fit nicely, but the S-S-S will require a small change to the cavity to fit the bridge pickup.
    No trouble with the H-S-H, other than the bridge hum will touch the back of the cavity.

As well, the neck opening is Fender-sized, which is not as wide as Charvel-sized, so you'll have to trim it up.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

What about for mounting your volume knob and pickup selector? I was thinking about doing only a Single coil in the neck and a Humbucker in the bridge.

Comment

The blade switch cut and knob holes will be Fender spec, so I'd get either no knob or just the middle tone. Or no knob and drill your own.

If you keep the 3 way toggle, drill it yourself.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If you want a So Cal pickguard, contact member Sully...he makes them and does a great job.

Comment

Sully is awesome to work with and does great work!
            Originally posted by MarkThomas View Post
            If you want a So Cal pickguard, contact member Sully...he makes them and does a great job.

Comment

+1 for Sully

He has the exact template for the SoCal guard for a perfect fit. Otherwise, you're risking holes and cutouts not lining up properly.

Comment

Working...
              X