cheap charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap charvel?

so i was in long&mcquade yesterday and saw that they are blowing out their usa charvels, one caught my eye(didnt catch a model #) just a single duncan and floyd, 699! cad, then my sales guy said he would do a socal ( the one with 2 dimazios for the same price) for 699 as well(its ticketed at 799).
    so whats up with these prices? he said that charvel is discontinuing the usa made guitars with exception to custom shops, and that is the reason for the sale.
    anyway i guess my question is...is this as good a deal as i think it is? and should i really consider one of these(i really dont need a new guitar nor have i gassed for a charvel before) but im a sucker for really good deal, and i dont own a charvel yet....as good a reason as any to buy one. opinions please.

yes, good but not great deal. if they shipped to the US I would snag tha 1hum charvel for myself. I picked up my Charvel Socal wildcard #1 when it first came out for $675 USD new from authorized dealer. I've seen some get blown out for $599. I dont think you will see much lower than that unless you go find a used one or an unauthorized reseller on ebay.
    Proud endorser of:
    Steve Clayton Inc. http://www.steveclayton.com
    GLS Audio http://www.glsaudio.com
    Orange County Speaker http://www.speakerrepair.com/

Comment

So these are old stock of usa pro mods. They will still be selling the jap pro mods which are basically the same guitars except for the direct mount pickups and the sticker on the headstock. Right? If the usa vs jap thing floats your boat then this is probably a good deal as the usa made ones seem to be selling higher on ebay, especially the necks if only because they say made in usa on them. From most accounts the jap necks are nicer out of the box. I dont think you can go wrong for that price.

Comment

Good deal, get it. I've bought my socal from L&M couple of years ago for $1250 Then SD2 for $800 about a year ago and then a used SD2 for $599.

Comment

what color were available?
          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

the single him was hot pink, and the 2 dimarzios was black with black pickguard. rgx, i thought they were about that price but wasnt sure, btw are these entry level usa's?, or are these the only offerings from charvel? again excuse my ignorance but ive never really looked into charvels at all.

Comment

Hot Pink?

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
                Hot Pink?

Maybe he means Magenta.

Comment

The Magenta was a 2H. In fact, all USA Charvel's were two hum if I am not mistaken, except for the Fiesta Red wild card.
                  Last edited by MarkThomas; 06-23-2011, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Flat Black Wildcard III was single hum!

Comment

petez0r,
                      yes those are the entry level US models and they're discontinued and replaced by Japanese ones, which are also great guitars for the money. But usually they also have some used pointy reissues which are, in my opinion, even better guitars.

Comment

Working...
                      X