new charvel investment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new charvel investment

as always most of us hope to have our rigs maintain a value to them so are big investment returns some when we decide its time to move onto a new model.
    i do not yet own a new charvel model , wich model would you think would hold some of its value down the road . ?

I'd guess something made before 1986.

Comment

If you can score a pro mod for the $600-650 range or so, Id say you would be safe. Used of course. If you can find someone selling a cs model cheap enough that can be a good investment too. Or like DonP says, 86 and under will always hold most of its value unless you pay too much.

Comment

Don't for get about the Pointy Reissues from 04-06. These are great guitars and can be had for cheap used. These come with better hardware and wood then the recent pro mods.

Comment

Guitars are poor investment vehicles. Buy what you want to play, not because of what you "think" it might be worth later.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
            Guitars are poor investment vehicles. Buy what you want to play, not because of what you "think" it might be worth later.
            AMEN....
            you should get it, play it,....and if you sell....as long as you get your $$$ back....call it good...
            too much greed out there....and too many so called "experts"..who will mislead.
            ...but I have never lost $$$ on any guitar..
            Last edited by Guitar_Symphony; 06-17-2011, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
              Guitars are poor investment vehicles.
              No unless you buy low enough. But then again, anything you buy low enough (guitar / car / house) is a good investment.

Comment

you can say that again........always buy low......if its $500...offer $300....even if its worth more than $500....you never know....they may just give in...

Comment

I think the op is just looking not to lose his shirt. At least that is what I got out of how his post was worded. I didnt think he meant to make money on it, just not to lose a ton as soon as he takes delivery. Like if he bought a new pro mod at $1100, that would be something you might not want to do. I get where hes coming from. But, I agree, buy what you want and play it and dont worry so much about resell value. But...dont get ripped off

Comment

Instead of a $1000 guitar, buy an ounce of gold and tuck it under your mattress.
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

The point is "Hold some of it's value down the road". That has not really been discussed. I'd say a maple fretboard, one hum is a classic Charvel and classic is usually easier to trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                        Instead of a $1000 guitar, buy an ounce of gold and tuck it under your mattress.
                        I hear ya!!

Comment

yeah i know classic cars all to well just sold one of my 69 camaros for 86k pro tour 540 big block 808 hp 790 tq finishing another pro tour 69 now and im currently wrenching on a 73 rally sport pro street car with a 372 small block afr heads ati d1sc pro charger at 18 psi of boost it will make around 1200 at the flywheel i am set to go up 4th of july weekend for the dyno run and tune. i have a man in lakeport california a retired racer who does builds for people all over the world and you just cant walk up and say i need work you have to know him or some one who will recomend you to him. then getting past his wolf,s he keeps for pets is another story. lol. after this other pro tour camaro and the pro street car im finished with them. its alot cheaper to hunt for guitars and maybe make a nickle or two. the money isnt the samer at all but at least i get to own and play some really nice axe,s and it dosent cost me 40 to 60k to fix one up eaither. and if i want to sell one i dont have to wait years for someone to come along and drop 60 to 100k on one. the 540 alone in the one i just sold came in at 22k and change. this little 372 sbc and the procharger is hitting 24k and the dyno time isnt even figured in yet.

Comment

So what are you worried about? A guitar is chump change by comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by norcalshred View Post
                              yeah i know classic cars all to well just sold one of my 69 camaros for 86k pro tour 540 big block 808 hp 790 tq finishing another pro tour 69 now and im currently wrenching on a 73 rally sport pro street car with a 372 small block afr heads ati d1sc pro charger at 18 psi of boost it will make around 1200 at the flywheel i am set to go up 4th of july weekend for the dyno run and tune. i have a man in lakeport california a retired racer who does builds for people all over the world and you just cant walk up and say i need work you have to know him or some one who will recomend you to him. then getting past his wolf,s he keeps for pets is another story. lol. after this other pro tour camaro and the pro street car im finished with them. its alot cheaper to hunt for guitars and maybe make a nickle or two. the money isnt the samer at all but at least i get to own and play some really nice axe,s and it dosent cost me 40 to 60k to fix one up eaither. and if i want to sell one i dont have to wait years for someone to come along and drop 60 to 100k on one. the 540 alone in the one i just sold came in at 22k and change. this little 372 sbc and the procharger is hitting 24k and the dyno time isnt even figured in yet.
                              I
                              would
                              say
                              currently
                              made
                              Charvel's
                              are
                              not
                              a
                              particularly
                              good
                              investment.