warren de martini models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warren de martini models

okay i see the bomber the snake skin the blood drip yadda yadda yadda. when it comes to the french model it says charvel hasnt obtained permission to release the warren demartini model the french one.?? what gives

If I remember correctly there are issues over the rights to the saying printed on the guitar.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The frenchie graphic artwork is owned by the original artist that painted it and Fender hasn't been able to strike a deal with him, so they cannot use or reproduce it without his permission.

Comment

Huh? I can only translate the first half of it. We have some french members we could ask what it all means, it can't be much. Copyrights can be a pain.
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

The French guitar was a tribute to James Dean. It loosely says "Too Fast to Live, Too Young to Die". From what I've heard the James Dean Foundation as the rights to the saying and will not license it to Fender for a production run.

Comment

my god . dosent he have some surviving relatives someplace who can okay this for a little change in there pocket so it can go jingle ling a ling.

Comment

Originally posted by norcalshred View Post
              my god . dosent he have some surviving relatives someplace who can okay this for a little change in there pocket so it can go jingle ling a ling.
              LOL, if it happens I'm buying it.

Comment

Cant Lee at GMW guitar works still make you a perfect clone?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                  Cant Lee at GMW guitar works still make you a perfect clone?
                  Nope, Lee is not making exact clones anymore but he will do tribute-style guitars using his models and headstocks. Unforntunately, the DeMartini graphics like the Crossed Swords, Bomber, Blood drip and brown python are not available since Dan is painting those graphics for Charvel only and will not paint them for anyone else, including Lee. Dan also will not paint the French graphic due to his relationship with J/C.

Comment

Wasn't the "frenchie" graphic available for a short time when the DeMartini's first came out?

Comment

Originally posted by singlehum View Post
                      Wasn't the "frenchie" graphic available for a short time when the DeMartini's first came out?
                      No, the french was never put into production. They made a white one for Warren and for a NAMM model and intended to release it as a production model along with the rest of the DeMartini line. That's why Charvel had the spec sheet available for it. But FMIC never got the licensing rights to the french graphic. So that one is still sitting on the shelves. Who knows if it will ever get into production.

Comment

Warren has a black one as well. Saw him play it once when they were in the Cities.

Comment

Speaking of Warren guitars, I was recently in Madrid and saw a crossed swords pointy H/S. Any idea when these guitars were made? I guess that guitar has been seating in the store for ages (along with a brand new black and white EVH artist series). The guy at the store did not know much, other than it was a CS model. Any ideas??

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                            Warren has a black one as well. Saw him play it once when they were in the Cities.
                            Yep, Dan Lawrence painted both the black with white letters and the white with black letters at the same time. There's some cool progress pics on Dan's website, including one with Warren before the black French was finished.

http://www.drlgrafx.com/gallery-3.htm

Warren started playing more with H/S setup so the black one was getting most of the play time. He played the new white one sparingly and then eventually routed it for a neck pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by Capelo View Post
                              Speaking of Warren guitars, I was recently in Madrid and saw a crossed swords pointy H/S. Any idea when these guitars were made? I guess that guitar has been seating in the store for ages (along with a brand new black and white EVH artist series). The guy at the store did not know much, other than it was a CS model. Any ideas??
                              The 2004 NAMM show had a crossed swords with a H/S config and pointy headstock. I also think Charvel used this guitar in one of their ads. It was available for a custom shop order back then before they signed up Warren in late 2005 for the production line. The January 2006 NAMM show introduced Warren's guitars with the strat headstocks. So unless the one in Madrid is an original San Dimas, it was probably ordered in 2004 or 2005.

Comment

Working...
                              X