Here's my new San Dimas Style 2 2H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's my new San Dimas Style 2 2H

I got it in a trade yesterday and I'm verypleased with it. This is my second guitar with a non routed Floyd and even though I have several Jacksons with the routed Floyd I find it very easy to and comfortable to play. The neck as you know is unfinished for now feels a little weird. The Seymour Duncans rock!!! I usually just select the bridge pickup and play but I loved the way lead sounds on the neck too. The pagan gold finish appears to glow. I did some dive bombs with the Floyd just to see how close it would stay in tune. I was surprised to hear a lot of loud creaking from the springs when I did this. I'll have to try this again with the back cover off to see what's going on there. Here are some pics. Enjoy.

Congrats! Love the color. These are great guitars, aren't they? Killer bang for the buck. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by gerryl98 View Post
      I did some dive bombs with the Floyd just to see how close it would stay in tune. I was surprised to hear a lot of loud creaking from the springs when I did this. I'll have to try this again with the back cover off to see what's going on there.
      The creaking could, in part, be due to the springs rubbing against the body. On some of these, they used a 37 mm trem block which is shorter than the later 40 mm, and results in the springs rubbing with a dive bomb. Does it feel there's rubbing when doing a dive bomb?
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
        The creaking could, in part, be due to the springs rubbing against the body. On some of these, they used a 37 mm trem block which is shorter than the later 40 mm, and results in the springs rubbing with a dive bomb.
        You're 100% right on the money. Funny though....i never dive bomb. I just did it to see how well it would stay in tune. Really cool too that the covers are metal, not cheap plastic.

Comment

I still regret having to sell mine. Looks great!

Comment

Nice pick up dude... Great colours on these axes! I got an SD2 red sparkle, looks speccy, yours looks good too and a great player for sure...
            ROCK ON!!!

Comment

I bought a red one last week and I'm picking up a gold one like this today. They are beautiful, enjoy it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RampantLion View Post
                I bought a red one last week and I'm picking up a gold one like this today. They are beautiful, enjoy it!!!
                They're falling out of the sky in my area. I saw four posted on CL this past week. I picked up one of them and the b stock one just sold too. I posted two of my other guitars for a quick sell but I doubt it will happen fast enough cuz I wouldn't mind picking up another.

Comment

I just got the same guitar in black. I love it.

Funny you mention the creaking, I have the same thing going on. I'll have to check the springs.

Comment

I like it..very nice.
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

WRT to the creaking you guys are getting, if it turns out not to be the springs, another common cause of creaking is a shifting locknut. Sometimes it's easy to fix just by tightening the mounting screws, sometimes you need to add a toothpick sliver for the screws to grab better, and worst-case you may need to fill, redrill pilot holes, & re-mount the locknut.

Comment

I'm going to buy one of these..
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                        X