Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom shop or 25th anniversary charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom shop or 25th anniversary charvel?

Just a quick question, which is the closer to a sweet old original san dimas overall? neck at shape,weight,tone,etc and want the one th
    I am getting ready to spend the coin and want the one that would fool any charvel collector in a blindfold test?

what are you looking to fool a charvel collector?
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
      what are you looking to fool a charvel collector?
      LOL! no i want to be fooled into thinking i am playing a old original when i play it

Comment

In terms of necks, I haven't played a newer one that's going to fool anyone into thinking they're playing a pre-pointy Charvel. The newer pointy's I've had feel pretty much the same as the old ones to me.

Tonewise, the newer ones should stack up just fine. There is no distinctive Charvel tone that I'm aware of - they used to be all custom orders so each one was different.

In terms of weight, as far as I know maple, mahogany, etc. have not changed their basic atomic structure in the last 30 years so there shouldn't be an issue there.

The 25th is a very nice guitar - I've had two pass through here. The neck is very nice but it doesn't feel like my 82 Strat head neck. Most of those older necks had more meat to them than the 25th does.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
        X