EVH Art Series Guitar Custom ideas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH Art Series Guitar Custom ideas!

So, MY EVH Art Series Guitar finally died on me (Pickup coil snapped) the Floyd broke in several places and the chrome came off in a big chunk.

So Its time for a makeover... Went for a loosely based version of the original EVH VHII.. Hence the gold hardware, floyd and a Bare Knuckle VHII pickup (the original got a gold Floyd fitted some time after the VHII period)

Here`s a rough photoshop version for now till I order the gold hardware...

Original EVH II

Let me know if this is a good thing or if you guys have any other ideas for a new look.

Cheers.

Pete.
    www.vendetta-theband.com
    www.atomhawk.com

I'm shocked at the issues that you have had with the guitar. What gives? I figured these things would have top of the line hardware. Is it an original floyd??

Comment

Paint the headstock black!
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Yes I`m pretty disgusted at the issues.. seeing as the pickup died on me a month after the warrenty ended, I got in contact with Seymour duncan, Charvel Fender and they pretty much fobbed me off.
        They said nobody makes those pickups any more .. apart from the 78 custom... which was way pricey!
        So I bought the EVH II Bare Knuckle Pickup and fitted that.. sounds just as good if not better then the original custom humbucker.

Then the floyd (original chrome) started playing up..Threaded parts and wobbly fine tuners etc. and the chrome started peeling away to such an extent that it looked awful. Charvel/Fender should be ashamed of themselves at
        the quality of this product. And I payed full price in 2005 as I was stupid and exited to get this guitar in my hands at the time.
        www.vendetta-theband.com
        www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          Paint the headstock black!
          Good idea mr Turk, although I would have to find a nice gold logo from somewhere.
          www.vendetta-theband.com
          www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Originally posted by JediHalen View Post
            Yes I`m pretty disgusted at the issues.. seeing as the pickup died on me a month after the warrenty ended, I got in contact with Seymour duncan, Charvel Fender and they pretty much fobbed me off.
            They said nobody makes those pickups any more .. apart from the 78 custom... which was way pricey!
            So I bought the EVH II Bare Knuckle Pickup and fitted that.. sounds just as good if not better then the original custom humbucker.

Then the floyd (original chrome) started playing up..Threaded parts and wobbly fine tuners etc. and the chrome started peeling away to such an extent that it looked awful. Charvel/Fender should be ashamed of themselves at
            the quality of this product. And I payed full price in 2005 as I was stupid and exited to get this guitar in my hands at the time.
            Well.. it looks killer and I'm assuming that it feels great too. I like the gold!

Comment

Well... I had a little search on the interweb for Floyd Rose Trems and found this little baby ("1984" Original Floyd Rose) with brass block and brass fine tuners.

Looks awesome and not as bling as the gold version. I`ve just ordered one ...anyone grabbed one of these yet?

www.vendetta-theband.com
              www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Looks cool! The unfinished brass is very cool. Why hide that cool brass block under chrome plating?
                Blank yo!

Comment

Interesting that the new Floyd above has the old school threaded bar. Honestly, I'd try to score a used genuine 80s vintage floyd. They seem to hold up much better than anything.
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

You can buy the old style bar if you prefer it. It retrofits new Floyds no problem.
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Looks awesome..but agree black headstock

Comment

So, MY EVH Art Series Guitar finally died on me (Pickup coil snapped)
                        You mean the actual inner coil wire or the lead to the pot? I'd love to know how the inner coil broke. Hell, I'd like to know how either one broke.

Original EVH II

With a Wayne "Batman" head?
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Well... I had a little search on the interweb for Floyd Rose Trems and found this little baby ("1984" Original Floyd Rose) with brass block and brass fine tuners.

Looks awesome and not as bling as the gold version. I`ve just ordered one ...anyone grabbed one of these yet?

Very cool Floyd. Where did you order from?

Comment

Plexipwd - the image of that floyd is embossed with "www.prorockgear.com", so you might try there.........

Comment

Originally posted by Frfurter View Post
                              Plexipwd - the image of that floyd is embossed with "www.prorockgear.com", so you might try there.........
                              Haha... correct I did try and buy one but when I confirmed my order it declined!. (they forgot to put an out of stock message on the page) doh!!!

So.. apparently, they are getting more in, in a few weeks. There`s only two places in the world where they sell them, which seems odd as they arent advertised on the official Floyd Rose Website.
                              The only different model I spotted on the official Floyd site was the posh titanium Floyd which was real expensive!
                              www.vendetta-theband.com
                              www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Working...
                              X