2009 So Cal value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 So Cal value

A guy is listing a ton of guitars he says he needs to sell off because his wife is nagging him. He wants $700 for a 2009 So Cal Charvel that still has the coating on the pickguard and that he says he hasn't played. He also has a 2009 San Dimas that he wants $600 for. I don't know a lot about the newer Charvels, but I'd really love to add one of the American made guitars to my collection.

Can someone tell me a good price to pay for a white with black 2009 So Cal Charvel? I've attached a photograph.

$600-$700 is a good price...hell, there are some douchebags on ebay that are asking a premium for them since they're no longer made

Comment

Those seem like reasonable prices. But since his wife is being such a nag I would offer $50 less than that on each depending on whichever one you want. $550 for a pro mod seems like a good deal to me.

Comment

...and what city do you live in?

Good prices.

What color is the San Dimas?

Comment

Lol

Now he's saying he paid $900 for the So Cal and could never go as low as $700, although he'd take $675 for the red San Dimas. I think I'll pass on them because I'd prefer not to pay that much for something that doesn't have a bolt on neck, am I wrong? What would you guys pay for either a 2009 San Dimas or 2009 So Cal that he claims are unplayed?

Comment

.....They both have bolt on necks?

Did you mean you don't want to pay that much for a guitar that isn't neck through?

1) those prices are pretty fair for unmolested used San Dimas ProMods and 2) USA Pro Mods are decently priced USA guitars brand new..... With respect, if you don't want to pay $600-$700 for a USA Charvel that is mint (if it is mint) I am not sure where you can go from there. The bang for the buck is real good. Do some searches for reviews from folks that have one (or more).

For the record: I am on buying hiatus right now due to some other big ticket crap (new kitchen, etc). But I do want a ProMod.... if I was in the market I'd hit those. $700 isn't a screaming deal....but if it's unplayed/mint, it is at least yelling. $600 for the San Dimas Pro Mod in mint shape? I'd hit that no matter the color.

Comment

He may be referring to the truss rod on the heel. Thats my guess. But I think those are darn good prices for a USA Production Model.

Comment

I got a So-Cal in candy green from misfit on the board and paid 700.00 but it has awesome pup upgrades!! (EVH Frank and Pearly Gates in neck). It gets delivered TODAY!

Comment

oops

Sorry, yes I meant that it's hard to pay a lot for a bolt on neck. I replied to the seller and told him I'd pay $700 for the So Cal or $625 for the San Dimas. I guess I'll wait and see what he wants to do. It's much simpler for him to sell it for cash than to try to sell it through Ebay and to pay all of their fees.

Comment

Hmm, it's 2011, $700 isn't a lot of $ for a made in USA guitar, no matter what type of neck.

*EDIT* Not meaning to offend anyone, but the only other guitars in that price range that are made in the US are the Fender Am Specials, can't even think of any minty/new MIJ guitars in that price range except for the Pro Mods.
                    Last edited by devastone; 06-01-2011, 11:02 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=RampantLion;1434111]Sorry, yes I meant that it's hard to pay a lot for a bolt on neck. /QUOTE]

That's a lot to pay for a bolt-on? You're obviously not in the market for a nice strat or tele or something like that I guess.

Maybe get a package deal on both? Seem like fair prices if as un-used as he claims.
                      Last edited by Larz; 06-01-2011, 11:31 AM.
                      Jackson KV2
                      Jackson KE1T
                      Jackson KE1F
                      Jackson SL1

Comment

I guess I should explain a bit more since I was trying to be short in my posts. Yes, even $900 is a good price for the quality of the Charvel guitars. What I was taking into account is the fact that I already own close to 30 guitars and the economy is horrible. No matter what this guitar would fetch if the economy was good and if people had extra cash, it doesn't matter because not many people have money to buy guitars. That's especially true to a "niche" brand like Charvel. So taking into account that I have a somewhat large collection already, including a few American made like my custom one-off BC Rich strat, it's hard to pay the guy exactly what he paid, even if it was unplayed. But, I can understand why some others who have the extra money WOULD buy them.

Comment

If you have money for guitars, you cannot use the economy as an excuse. These are luxury items, not essentials, and it's douchebaggery to try to bend someone over using the economy as an excuse. Either pay what he's asking for a guitar that is no longer made or don't.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                            If you have money for guitars, you cannot use the economy as an excuse. These are luxury items, not essentials, and it's douchebaggery to try to bend someone over using the economy as an excuse. Either pay what he's asking for a guitar that is no longer made or don't.
                            LOL... you're a moron. It's no different than the housing market. You are probably one of the people on Ebay who try to sell $800 guitars for $1700. The fact is simple, if 10% of the population is unemployed and there is a limited amount of people who can even afford to buy a "luxury item," the value is down. Anyone that has ever sold anything knows it's dependent on the economy. You're a goof to say otherwise.

Comment

If you have the money, using the economy as an excuse to bargain someone down is not cool, in this case you probably could afford to pay a little more and help someone out

If you dont have the money because of the state of the economy then simply offer what you can afford and the seller can then consider your offer

Bottom line is, offer what you want to pay, they do not have to accept

Comment

Working...
                              X