Dimartini Charvels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimartini Charvels

So.. Am I crazy or is the only difference b/t these and the production models the cool paint job and schaller tuners?

and the OFR and the fact that the production models either us or japan are made on cnc machines and not given a lot of attention to fine details and the demartini are made in the custom shop. I'm sure the woods are better too.

Comment

True.. Thanks. One went on the bay the other day for like 1200 bones. i was shocked it didn't get a bit higher.

Comment

Do the Warrens come with the RTM pickup as well?
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Completely different guitars IMO. The WD Charvels have a different neck profile, custom shop RTM pickup, german OFR, a G&G hard shell case and, as you noted, Schaller tuners and a custom graphic. As much as I love my candy blue pro mod, my DeMartini smokes it every day of the week. So to answer your question, yes, you are crazy. And since no one else has corrected you yet, Warren spells his name "DeMartini".

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
            and the OFR and the fact that the production models either us or japan are made on cnc machines and not given a lot of attention to fine details and the demartini are made in the custom shop. I'm sure the woods are better too.
            The Custom Shop doesn't use CNC machines?
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by guitarzan_josh View Post
              True.. Thanks. One went on the bay the other day for like 1200 bones. i was shocked it didn't get a bit higher.
              You shouldn't be. Custom Shop Charvels only pull $1000 - $1500 second hand. Always factor that in when thinking about shelling out $3K+ for a new one.
              Blank yo!

Comment

Touche! Thanks Johnnyryche.... thats exactly the info I was looking for. The Charvel site just says "San Dimas Neck Profile". ..and of course as we all know the term "original floyd rose" is used, well... for EVERYTHING these days.

Comment

The Custom Shop doesn't use CNC machines?
                  I'm sure they do but they don't just throw paint or a coat of gunstock oil on right afterwords.
                  I'm not trying to knock the promods, I love mine and I'll never pay full price for a custom shop either. All the promod necks have seemed to have a very raw feeling. some extra sanding and some tungoil fixes that right up.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarzan_josh View Post
                    ..and of course as we all know the term "original floyd rose" is used, well... for EVERYTHING these days.
                    A problem, for sure, however, in light of the Floyd Rose II, Floyd Rose Pro and Floyd Rose Speedloader (and any other truly different designs Floyd Rose has produced), "Floyd Rose Original" is an accurate product name given the design is exactly the same between the Schaller Made in Germany models and the other Korean manufactured Floyd Rose.
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                      All the promod necks have seemed to have a very raw feeling. some extra sanding and some tungoil fixes that right up.
                      Except for finish of the frets, I've not noticed much difference in the hand feel between the USA ProMods, Custom Shop, Music Zoo Naturals and Legacies that I've played short of the actual shaping of the neck. And in my experience (bad) with the Legacies, these were the only ones with a significantly feeling neck shape - more flat U than C.

After that, you get into the "who actually built it" and "wood choice" discussions - and once there - I'm fairly certain "better" wood is reserved for higher priced models - it only makes good business sense to reserve the best for the top of the line.
                      Blank yo!

Comment

The best Demartini repros are the GMW strat heads of the nineties..
                        John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                          Except for finish of the frets, I've not noticed much difference in the hand feel between the USA ProMods, Custom Shop, Music Zoo Naturals and Legacies that I've played short of the actual shaping of the neck. And in my experience (bad) with the Legacies, these were the only ones with a significantly feeling neck shape - more flat U than C.

After that, you get into the "who actually built it" and "wood choice" discussions - and once there - I'm fairly certain "better" wood is reserved for higher priced models - it only makes good business sense to reserve the best for the top of the line.
                          Good info. I've often wondered what differences if any between the USA Promods and Custom Shop guitars and whether I should custom order or pick up another USA Pro Mod.
                          This helps.

Thanks Grandturk.

Comment

Originally posted by TX-Joe
                            ;I've often wondered what differences if any between the USA Promods and Custom Shop guitars
                            yeah ! what's the difference ?

Jackson SLAT-QH CSB
                            Charvel SD Warren DeMartini Crossed Swords
                            Jackson SL-2H LS

Comment

Originally posted by TX-Joe View Post
                              Good info. I've often wondered what differences if any between the USA Promods and Custom Shop guitars and whether I should custom order or pick up another USA Pro Mod.
                              Just remember - they are (were) legitimately made by different people in different shops on the American Standard line.
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X