Charvel Custom Carbonized Abella San Dimas Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Custom Carbonized Abella San Dimas Guitar

Thoughts? Just purchased this Carbonized Abella Charvel from The Music Zoo. Check out the pics and let me know what you think?

Hopefully the link works! Scroll all the way down to see the full body pics of the guitar.
    • Carbonized Abella Body
    • Carbonized One Piece Maple Neck
    • 25.5" Scale Length
    • 1-11/16" Nut Width
    • 22 Jumbo Frets
    • Seymour Duncan '78 Bridge Humbucker
    • Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound Single Coil Neck Pickup
    • Brass Side Dots
    • Brass Hardware
    • Natural Oil Finish
    Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Charvel-Custom-C...item1e61da40be
    Last edited by ToneJunky; 04-13-2011, 07:19 AM. Reason: Linkl

Sweet, dude!
    What does carbonized mean?

Comment

those are super light weight.....enjoy
      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
      My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Originally posted by algeriet View Post
        Sweet, dude!
        What does carbonized mean?
        They cook the shit out of the wood. You should read the description in the link. Pretty tecnical.
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Nice score! I've liked that one since I first saw it at TMZ. Enjoy!

Comment

Not sure if any of you have an opinion on this or not but the guitar comes with the Duncan 78' and I was thinking about changing it out to the EVH Frankenstein Humbucker. I had the 78' formally know as the Custom Shop EVH or (Evenly Voiced Harmonics) in one of my other guitars so I thought I would change it up. Not sure if that is a stupid move or not?

Comment

Originally posted by ToneJunky View Post
              Not sure if any of you have an opinion on this or not but the guitar comes with the Duncan 78' and I was thinking about changing it out to the EVH Frankenstein Humbucker. I had the 78' formally know as the Custom Shop EVH or (Evenly Voiced Harmonics) in one of my other guitars so I thought I would change it up. Not sure if that is a stupid move or not?
              What do you have to lose? Keep the old pickup though. It's not quite to the anal retentive level of Gibson, where if the solder isn't original, it's worthless...

I like the body of the guitar, but not a fan of that neck. Too much like Warmouth. Charvels need to be maple.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                What do you have to lose? Keep the old pickup though. It's not quite to the anal retentive level of Gibson, where if the solder isn't original, it's worthless...

I like the body of the guitar, but not a fan of that neck. Too much like Warmouth. Charvels need to be maple.
                Yea I am with you on that. Trust me it was a hard decision to make. But in the end I wanted something different and the carbonized neck is a lot less likely to warp. If I dont like it when it arrives I am going to send it back. I absolutley love the maple and birdseye Charvel necks.

We'll see!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post

Yea thats what I was thinking.

Comment

Congrats on the new guitar. The cooking process sounds interesting. You'll have to let us know how yours sounds.

It's interesting to see that this follow-on to the Natural series guitars now has a tone knob. The Naturals had only a volume knob.

As for the pickup, I think you ought to try out the guitar for a while with the '78 and see if you like it before trying the Frankie pickup. Have you had a chance to try the Frankie pickup?
                    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

She's a beauty!
                      http://www.mattdixon.co.uk/

Comment

Been eyeing that one for a while now, give us a report when you get a chance.

Comment

The necks look awesome...nice

Comment

Wasn't this one offered for sale back in December, then it disappeared, then it was put up for sale again after a few months? Is it a previous returned guitar, or was it sold as used?

I remember it quite well because of that wood knot/hole by the arm contour...

Comment

Though some of the Charvel stuff has made me turn my head and look twice, ultimately I find that Charvel is Fender-esque in that they make a thousand different models of Super Strat, just not the one that you really want. Id still would go for an orig Fender Strat, its where i learn how to play guitar..
                              Last edited by gavin_rossdale; 06-12-2011, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X