Charvel Star info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Star info

From what I have gathered, all stars are made in the custom shop, and there are about 50-60 made after 2001. If the ratio Star/San Dimas was the same before 1986 there sould be about a 100 more, making the total number of Charvel stars less than 200.

What are the facts?

Edit: There are 20 each of the legacy stars, adding another 60 to the total number if I have made the math correct.
    Last edited by soulquake; 04-12-2011, 06:33 AM.

Not all of them are Custom Shop. When the USA pointy Charvel line came back in 2005, there were production USA Stars. I had one. Not sure how many were made, though.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm lost on the math.

What are you trying to figure out?
      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

there were also some Indian made Charvel Stars (!). Newc had one.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

toejam: I think they called them standard star. What that means I don´t know...

What I would like to know is:

1: How many USA stars were made before 1986 and after 2001, and what is the sum total?

2: How were the USA stars (and other Charvels) crafted after 2001?

The only guitars that really says "production" model is San Dimas style. I am a newbie here, so please be patient if I am searching in the wrong basket. I´m just curious, and I guess the more time passes the harder it will be to get correct info.

My impression is that a bunch of the old Charvel crew (Eldred, Krause etc) moved to the Fender Custom shop, and that they are basically the guys that took up the production of Charvel once Fender bought up the company. That would make most Charvels "custom shop" made, even if they were not special designs or custom orders. Are you following my reasoning? By Fender standards they would be custom, but by Charvel/Jackson standards they are production models, or at least that is how I interpret it...

Comment

1. 249.55

2. Very carefully

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I here everybody saying that the RI pointies were not made in the CS yet I took my Copperhead Pointy to the CS so a gap in the neck pocket could be addressed. The issue was corrected by Mike Shannon himself. He and Chip Ellis both mentioned how they had enjoyed making these guitars and that this one should not have got out of here like this? PS. It is true that MIke Shannon is a guitar building god. I got my Copperhead back and it is my #1 and will go to the grave with me.

Comment

Working...
              X