Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Gauge Strings Do You Guys use on your Pro-Mods???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Gauge Strings Do You Guys use on your Pro-Mods???

Just wondering what gauge strings do you guys use on your Pro-Mods?

I got 9-42 on my So-Cal and it`s OK but thinking about trying a set of 10`s on my San Dimas to compare...

Do you guys have any special preferences and why?

I think they come from the factory with 9's?

I use 9's on all my guitars, unless I'm down tuning say 2-3 steps then I'll go with 11's. I use D'Addario 9's because I like the way they feel and always have. I know some players that like 10's and swear their tone is better.

It's all personal preference. Use what you like best as far as fell and sound.

Comment

10's in standard. 11's 1/2 step down.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

9-42's on all my stuff except short scale "Gibson-ish" set neck guitars, then I use 10-46's. I think the 10's on the set necks do make a tonal difference over light gauge strings. But I will admit the late 70's/ early 80's not only battered my braincells, but my hearing somewhat. My San Dimas natural came with 8's when I bought it new.That was a bit rubbery for me . Also I like how Floyd style trems react to standard 9's, so I stick with them. For me (my preference) 10's are too much tension on all the springs and set-up with a Floyd, I have to lean more on it, I have a hard enough time finding my fingers somedays. Thats just me.

Comment

I've got three San Dimas models. 9-46 D'Addarios on 2 of them tuned standard & 10-52 on the other one tuned 1/2 below drop D. Been using the 9-46 sets for a few years now. Really like the little extra thickness on the bottom end with the comfort of playin' 9s on the top.

Comment

9-46

Comment

I use 10-52's

I use 10-52's (light top, heavy bottom) tuned to 440 on my SoCal. I find that gauge really opens up the tone of the guitar.

Comment

9-42 Ernie Ball's or Elixer's on my floyded guitars, 11's on my hardtails.

Comment

D'Addario EXL 9-46

Comment

10-50
                    I like EL34s.

Comment

9-42 D'Addarios, or Super Slinkies.

Comment

GHS 13-56 tuned down 1/2 step

Comment

10-52 tuned to Eb

Comment

9-42 for standard, 9-46 for Eb, 10-52 for D

Comment

I use 9's..and I'll use any brand that's on sale (D'Addario, Dunlop, EB, etc)..as I usually buy them in bulk. I don't particularly like the coated stuff...I tried them and they weren't quite as bright...somewhat dulled down a bit, I guess.

10s do sound better when playing live, through a rig...or jamming with your band. I play better with 9s..but back in my band days, I always used 10s....it's just a fatter, more solid tone
                              If/when I start gigging again, I'll switch to 10s on all of my guitars. For rockin out in the living room, 9s work just fine
                              Todd M

Comment

Working...
                              X