Hmmm... What do you guys think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm... What do you guys think?

OK.. so the kick ass folks at TMZ said they would give me a good trade in value on my SL2H towards one of the Charvel Naturals. As I have made it known in previous posts I love the H/S, Floyd, Mahogany combo.

Wondering if I should pull the trigger on this... problem is I have never played a Music Zoo Charvel and I hear the neck profile is different than the USA Pro Mods.

Can you guys give me your .02 on the whole scenario?

I know most people on this forum seem to really like the necks on the Naturals but I did not. I found it too thick neat the first couple of frets and too thin up near the 12th fret. I traded it for a 2007 NOS 1hum/sc pointy and am much happier. I will say though that the Natural sounded huge. I had to play three of the Naturals before I found the one I bought. Most of them I found to be very heavy for a strat style guitar and I hate heavy guitars.

Comment

Love em' or hate em'....like the LP's....(my custom is 12.5 lbs)....heavy guitars have monster sound.

Comment

I know I prefer a heavy guitar as well... In fact that is one of my only dislikes of my SL2H.. it almost feels "fake" if that makes sense. My BC Rich ST-III feels like it could be used as a weapon.... and I love it.

One of the things that I am hoping these Naturals have is a thicker neck than a SL2H.

Comment

What finish is your SL2H, and what's a "good" trade-in value?
          I only need one more guitar.

Comment

It is 2001 Interference Cyan/Magenta and 1400.00 trade in. Its in perfect condition.

Comment

That sounds pretty fair.
              I only need one more guitar.

Comment

Yeah.. now if I could only get them to do an even swap for me I'd be in hog heaven! Not sure they would be willing to cut $300.00 profit out though! LOL

Comment

JMHO but I wouldn't trade an SL2H for a Charvie, both from spec and value point of view.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'm hoping TMZ has that same mindset... and take the swap! LOL

Comment

..they don't

Comment

IMHO there's not much difference between the neck feel of the naturals that Ive played vs the US ProMods that I own. MIG Floyd and nicer tuners, nice wood on the body and neck and nicer final finishing to the frets.
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

Thanks Grandturk.... Thats the kind of feedback I'm looking for! I think out of everything the body wood would be the only plus, and thats not worth 700.00 IMO Hell.. .I could almost buy two used ProMods for the asking price if the Natural.

Comment

Working...
                          X