NGD!!!!.....Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD!!!!.....Charvel

Happy to have a Production USA Charvel finally..I've had plenty of Charvel USA San Dimas guitars from 81-86...but this is my first NEW USA CHARVEL....And it's my favorite one they released (polar white) She is a killer player, I was very surprised at the playability..And I was happy to find one N.O.S...in mint condition, Also i have a German floyd on the way for her as well. Thanks Wayne for the hookup on the early Blue lined San Dimas Case.

I cannot wait to dirty this neck up!!!

Last edited by Guitar_Symphony; 02-24-2011, 02:39 PM.

that's awesome man..nice and simple, but very 'Charvel'...what kind of pickups?
    Todd M

Comment

Originally posted by veniculum View Post
      that's awesome man..nice and simple, but very 'Charvel'...what kind of pickups?

If I'm not wrong...they are... JB in the Bridge and a 59' in the neck....
      I love it...It gets those perfect Dokken tones.

Comment

Nice grab...I would would have gone with the white as well.
        Fender Stratocaster HRR50's Sunburst MIJ
        Fender Stratocaster HRR60's Fotoflame Crimson MIJ
        Jackson Dinky DK2M Burnt Orange Limited Run

Comment

I bought the exact same model in December. She is a killer. The zebra pups with the rings are a fantastic combo. The neck is probably the best I've ever played by far....

Congrats mate, play in good health

Comment

Congrats man she looks like a keeper
            sigpic
            Action Jackson

Comment

Dig it. Needs some double cream Dimarzios in that, though!
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                Dig it. Needs some double cream Dimarzios in that, though!
                Is that just a tone preference bro?...I'm on the other side of the fence...I really just like the duncans better than the dimarzios...in most guitars. Matter of fact, I got a couple stock dimarzios in my SoCal that I'm thinking about switching out for Duncans...not sure yet

Symph...So is this thing a "pro-mod"...or did you have to special order it? I'm liking it alot
                Todd M

Comment

Is that just a tone preference bro?...I'm on the other side of the fence...I really just like the duncans better than the dimarzios...in most guitars. Matter of fact, I got a couple stock dimarzios in my SoCal that I'm thinking about switching out for Duncans...not sure yet
                  Tone preference mostly. When I first tried a Dimarzio Super Distortion in a Charvel - bam! that was it - that was the tone right there. Nothing against Duncans at all - I have and use them as well except for the JB which I do not dig. I think the Super Distortion, Tone Zone and Dimarzio PAF are three of the best sounding pickups I've ever played. The Duncan Custom is up there as well and I have one in my Fiesta Red San Dimas.

Symph...So is this thing a "pro-mod"...or did you have to special order it? I'm liking it alot
                  Yep - its one of the limited color options from one of the USA batches. These sold like hot cakes and I don't think I've ever seen one of the white USA San Dimas bodies parted out yet. They did a white SD2, Socal and SD1 in different batches. The white SoCal sold very well also.
                  Blank yo!

Comment

It's a Pro Mod, it's the only one they did something interesting with (chrome, creme rings, zebra pickups) and it was a great seller.

They should have used those pickups/hardware on a couple of other guitars, the black hardware just doesn't work on everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                      They should have used those pickups/hardware on a couple of other guitars, the black hardware just doesn't work on everything.
                      There were a couple of colors that were just begging for chrome and cream...

Seasick Green - for instance - should have been rosewood, chrome and double creams.
                      Blank yo!

Comment

SweeT!

Comment

Seasick Green - for instance - should have been rosewood, chrome and double creams.
                          That's a winner.

I would say the Slime Green would have been very cool with the same setup. Actually black, too.

Comment

+++++1,000.000,000

i would buy that too...

i like the Duncans over the Diz's......maybe a couple old double cream duncans?????

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                              I would say the Slime Green would have been very cool with the same setup. Actually black, too.
                              The green works with black, zebra or cream, I think.
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X